GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This has been all over the internet for weeks now....I just wonder how much of it is just to "hype" the prices up?

Some of the coverage is hype, but in collectors circles many "Big Money" collectors plan on dropping large amounts to own 30+ year old never registered new vehicles. Owner lineage is important to many collectors, one or two owner cars bring better prices than cars with multiple owners. In past years theres been a few never registered (zero owner) cars show for auction, they command better prices than cars in better condition but with multiple owners.
    Its just an odd quirk of owners.
    Also this collection totals out near 500, making it one of the largest one owner collections to go for auction.
    I have 3 customers that gave me rather large set amounts to purchase select vehicles from this catalog so Ill be online bidding for them and myself if something interesting crosses the block.
    One thing about the hype for this particular auction is it really is rare to find this amount and age vehicles with zero registration and low documented miles in one place. Probably wont happen like this ever again.

Looks like it's all done. Does anyone know how much they cleared on this?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Looks like the total was just over $2.8 million.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...emplate=mobile

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

$10,000- for a 77 Vega ? Didn't say if it was one of those fancy engined Vegas-Cosworth-suspect it was just a vega
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

No Charlie it was a standard sleeved engine Vega, less than 20 miles, no title only the Manufacturers Statement of Origin (MSO)
    The wining bidder did an interview and said he bought it because he owned a new one back in the day and it ran 150,000 trouble free miles. Manufacturers plastic still on the seats.
    If you look at the auction registry there was very few "special" vehicles, 1958 Cameo, 1980 Pace car Corvette, 1974 Monte Carlo with 454 and swivel bucket seats (21k miles, only a few thousand Monte Carlos built with big blocks), 1964 Impala non SS car with 327/4 spd and center consol (under 20 miles, MSO car), most cars were special because they either only had the MSO, meaning never registered, and or because they had low mileage.
    There were only a handful of cars with more than 40,000 miles.
    Almost all the cars were average vehicles you'd find on a dealers lot in the 50's, 60’s, or 70's. Actually many were 6 cylinder cars, the lack of miles and fact many survived with very light damage considering storage conditions made them special.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12