GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2006 Chevy Colorado passlock issue

Hello everybody. I will appreciate any help with starting issues the passlock will lite up and it will crank but not start and have to wait 10 mins and then will start right up. I am asking if a remote start will bypass the factory passlock security.
    Thanks
    Ken

I've read from a couple of sources that say the passlock will only get worse as time goes on. It's best to replace it, but the PL is made up of four components, the interlock ignition as a problem is your best scenario and could be replaced easily. However, people say that if another part is defective, it may cause the whole four-piece passlock to be obsolete and need replacing - costing up to $600. I still think you're good for now, but yea, it can get worse.

There are lots of ways to disable it (so I have read), here is one of them: http://www.kingbain.com/how-to-perma...sslock-system/

I didn't take the time to check the passlock version in your truck, but if the above is not yours, do a disable search with the correct version number.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)