GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: offset question

Default offset question

i have a 2005 silverado z71 and im looking too put fuel mavricks on it, im looking at a set of 20x10s with either a -12 or -24 offset am i gunna have problems with rubbing, i want them to stick out, but dont wanna order them and not be able to turn

not really sure, but just by me replying this thread will go to the top of the list so more'll see it, also known as a BUMP "donyms" has oversize wheels on his ride maybe he'd know, have you tried a thread search for the word "offset" there may have been older threads on this issue that other people have answered in the past. Hope this helps -BFG-

the -24 will stick out about 1/2 inch more than the -12

Lift and tire size?

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    the -24 will stick out about 1/2 inch more than the -12

Lift and tire size?

well i dont have any yet, the truck is stock, im plannin on running 33s with a 3, key and block lift. but i dont want to order wheels in a crazy offset and then im not gunna be able to turn, i just want a safe wheel offset that will stick out, i also found a 20x9 that they have in +1 +12 and +24 offset witch would be more like stock

+12 will make the rim go inward so it will be more stock 0 offset i think you sit about an inch out give or take a little. i had32.75x11.25r20 wheels on fuel gauge rims on my nnbs with a 3" lift and they just cleared

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"