GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Air Filter Preference?

What is the preference? I'm thinking of a Purolator(paper) for my truck! Any suggestions?
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

K&N in my ride since day 1
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

yeah, I second the K&N in the stock housing.
    they go almost 50,000 miles between cleanings
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Sr. Apprentice

hi JimmyA
    yes purolater air filter have best performance for trucks. Purolator is a leading manufacturer of HVAC filtration products for residential, commercial/industrial and HEPA applications.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by marksoldtowne View Post
    hi JimmyA
    yes purolater air filter have best performance for trucks. Purolator is a leading manufacturer of HVAC filtration products for residential, commercial/industrial and HEPA applications.
    I would like to see data that proves that
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Ive been a long time fan of K&N, but as I get older and lazyier I look for new ways to get more done for less, I havnt bought a replacement for my truck yet but when I do I have it narrowed down to a couple different dry flow filters, yes Im getting to lazy to recharge a K&N.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Ive been a long time fan of K&N, but as I get older and lazyier I look for new ways to get more done for less, I havnt bought a replacement for my truck yet but when I do I have it narrowed down to a couple different dry flow filters, yes Im getting to lazy to recharge a K&N.
    That's pretty lazy. It take ~20 minutes to clean a K&N, another 5 minutes to apply oil to it after it dries.

I have been a user of K&N air filters for years. One of the first things I buy for any vehicle I purchase.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I have K&N air filter and I'm happy with it.

what kind of kn would you guys suggest for 2013 silverado 1500?

I have had a preference for the Amsoil Ea Air Filters for some time. Very good flow compared to stock, with very good filtering. Synthetic mesh in filters does a far better job than traditional cellulose filter media. I like synthetic mesh media in all of my filters, oil or air. And you can vacuum clean the Amsoil one and use up to 4 yr / 100,000 miles according to them. $36 under preferred pricing.
    Hey there, VA, what do ya' say? How many vets did you kill today?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by