GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Oil Change verdict ?

I have my 1990 305 V8 which is dry as a bone, no leaks and I was thinking of changing to a Synthetic like Royal Purple 10W/30 ? I'm currently using Mobil Super 10W/30 now ? Opinions experiences ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0185.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	53296

I only use synthetic, it works better when cold, performs better when hot and it protects for a longer time, no brainer imo.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JTWard View Post
    I have my 1990 305 V8 which is dry as a bone, no leaks and I was thinking of changing to a Synthetic like Royal Purple 10W/30 ? I'm currently using Mobil Super 10W/30 now ? Opinions experiences ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0185.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	53296
    For what it's worth; I use royal purple in just about everything. My 2010 vw cc, '97 trans am, my 98 k1500 (249000 miles). Works good, little expensive but works good. I also supplement that with the Lucas oil stabilizer it really helps the oil stick to the metals cause it's so viscous. But I think it's a matter of preference.

You can also go about 9000 miles with out an oil change. give or take.
    1998 K1500 Extended Cab Short Bed.
    Z71-HD Chassis-Locker-3.73s-Skid Plates-3rd Door-Transmission Cooler-Tow Package-5.7L

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that; it's called EVERYBODY. They meet at the local bar.