GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Clearance

Default Clearance

Ok my friend has a 2002 4x2 Silverado that he wants to get more clearance out of. He doesnt know too much about suspensions and stuff and he doesnt really know how to research on the internet. So i laid out some options for him.

1. Screw the lift and put 31's, 32's but we are unsure they will fit.
    2. Crank the torsions to the max and fit it with some shackles in the back.
    3. Get a Rancho Quick Lift shocks
    4. Buy a body lift kit for about 3".

He is only looking for about 3" of lift. He would like to be able to fit 33's on his truck. So if anybody has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. And also his budget is around $800 but he doesnt really want to spend all of it if he doesnt have too.

Thanks

alright, first of all, never crank the torsion bars all the way. the rancho quick lift shocks will give about 2-2.5 inches of lift so you could crank the torsion bars about an 1.5" on top of the quick lift than put a 3" add a leaf in the back. than it will be level. even with just the quick lift and the AAL's he can fit 32's but if he cranks the torsion bars up front on top of the quick lift he can get 33's under there. also, there is always the body lift. they are cheap and will let him fit 32's but they are a pain in the neck to put on and wont ad any clearance. you can look at the link for suspension lifts for his truck. hope this helps!!

http://rockymountainsusp.com/GM_2WD.htm
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

thanks for that link, I think what he wants is like that CST 4" lift that is what he needs. Is there any thread where it has pictures of a person installing this or any other suspension lift? I just want to get an idea of what all needs to be done.

Thanks

usually the suspension manufacturer has the instructions on there website but i looked at the CST site and they dont. however, the 2wd lifts are pretty easy as they are just front spindles and rear blocks usually. here is a link to the CST site for the lift he wants.

http://www.cstsuspension.com/product...1/productID/97

I have 33" on my truck, and nothing has been done to it. I bought it used and I looked at the tires and thought "oh, he must've lifted it a little" and I got under and there wasn't nothing lifting it or leveling it. If he wants to, (this is what i'm about to do to my truck) he can use key's on the front to level it out, then put in a small lift block in the back, maybe 2". This will maintain the factory lean forward look, if thats ok with him. This will give him room for about 34's. I"m going to try and stick 35's on mine.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Legend

First if it's a 2wd it's going to have coils instead of torsion bars so key's are out of the question. Something simple like a 3" rough country setup might work and the complete kit is about 440bucks. It includes spindles, shocks and blocks for the rear.http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_2wd_99-06.html. He will be able to run some 33's with the lift. If he wants to save some money my friend and another member have a set of 33" Cooper Discover stt's for sale pretty cheap. Pretty much brand new he just wanted to go to 35's.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.