GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New Member

Jr. Apprentice

Default New Member

Hi everyone, I just recently bought an '04 GMC Sierra 2500 Hd Ext. Cab WT and while looking around online for upgrades that I could hopefully afford I stumbled onto this forum. I am a Plumber/Pipefitter and live in northern Illinois with my wife and two sons ages 8 and 6 and our dog Zeus. I am often traveling for work as it is very scarce around where I live so I am looking for cheaper projects that I can do myself to help the performance of my truck while I am laid off. Any tips, trick or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Zach
    Master Mason E.F.W. Ellis Lodge #633 Rockford, Il A.F.&A.M. Independent Amsoil Dealer

'04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab WT

2. Likes Steve liked this post

Welcome to the site and welcome to the family! Let's see some pictures of your ride and I'm sure the members will help you with the direction you want to go with it.

Nice to meet ya!

Hakuna Matata!

Welcome to the site!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the site! We all feel your pain and a lot of guys on here have had to do the same thing to put food on the table.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Welcome to the club Zach, it's great to have you aboard.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Jr. Apprentice

Thanks for the welcome, I will try and get some pictures of the truck this week I have only had it for about a week and a half. The previous owner gave it it's fair share of bumps, dents and scratches so hopefully I will be able to get those fixed pretty quickly with my father in-law helping me out. It has 185k on it but runs and drives pretty nice, the interior is very nice and clean but would like to get a jump seat with the fold down console for the extra storage and armrest but they seem to be a bit out of my price range at the moment unless I can find one at a scrapyard. I am going to go and run some sea foam through it in a bit though to clean it out some.
    Master Mason E.F.W. Ellis Lodge #633 Rockford, Il A.F.&A.M. Independent Amsoil Dealer

'04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab WT

Welcome Mate, a Job is a Job Aslong as the kiddos are feed n the wifes happy it makes a happy life :D
    99 Gmc Sonoma SL 4.3L 4x4 Reg Cab Long Bed

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the site Zach!