GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default service stabilitrak/service traction control on message board

I have a 2011 silverado with 5.3L. I noticed these two messages flashing at me and I can't get them to turn off with manual reset instructions. Is the dealer my only option? Is there something I can fix?
    Tim

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Start by getting the codes read so you can determine whats going on, I wouldnt presume itll be something simple, they rarely are but theres always a chance.
    You should still be under warranty.

How many miles on this? You said these are flashing messages, or is that just a figure of speech?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    How many miles on this? You said these are flashing messages, or is that just a figure of speech?
    It has 34K, messages alternate on the message board, traction control and ABS warning lights on the dash are on solid....

Default Codes

I've had the same warnings because of low battery voltage I do agree you should have it checked for codes

I have had the issue twice in the past on my 08.

The first was caused by a "tech" lifting the truck and catching a wheel sensor line pulling and damaging it. The lights were NOT on when I shut truck off at dealer, but were on when I started it to pick it up. Then the "tech" said, "they were on when I pulled it into shop...." Yeah, uh I was there on full warranty, ya think I may have mentioned it??? I no longer use that dealer.

The second time the symptoms were accompanied by a harsh 1st to 2nd shift. After much troubleshooting by my new dealer, who is awesome, it was found the wire bundle behing the brake assembly(power adjustable) was chafing and shorting. I believe there is a TSB on that issue.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Sr. Apprentice

XS ive,

Do you have any idea what the TSB number is on the chafing harness? I have similar symptoms on my '07 Suburban. The Stabilitrak light comes on when coasting, like when coming up to a stoplight. It usually clears within a minute or so, but if I start out while it's still on, then the shift to second is very hard.
    Alan

2010 GMC Sierra SLT
    2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4WD, aka BB

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kreps View Post
    I have a 2011 silverado with 5.3L. I noticed these two messages flashing at me and I can't get them to turn off with manual reset instructions. Is the dealer my only option? Is there something I can fix?
    Tim
    Mental note for me.*check year model of vehicle*-Check
    *has wheel cylinders*-check..
    *issue is something with that year model*-check.....

Okay I'm good to ask a question on brakes now!! Hahaha (only a few will get this if they read it)

Anyway, have you recently had your brakes serviced for repaired for any reason?
    I read below that they stay on solid. Have they always stayed on solid or did they come on and go off under throttle or braking?
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Crosby View Post
    XS ive,

Do you have any idea what the TSB number is on the chafing harness? I have similar symptoms on my '07 Suburban. The Stabilitrak light comes on when coasting, like when coming up to a stoplight. It usually clears within a minute or so, but if I start out while it's still on, then the shift to second is very hard.
    it was bulletin 08-07-30-021F

11. Thanks Alan Crosby thanked for this post

I think you have a problem with the throttle position sensors on the throttle body (it's actually the motor that operates the butterfly). GM has extended the warranty to 10 years. I had mine changed last month. works fine.

Read this thread, it has the TSB number in it. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ce+Stabilitrak
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by