GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: RIP green burb

Default RIP green burb

Well I think my dad's green suburban finally kicked the bucket. It has 235k on the clock and the tranny just sh*t the bed. He said he was sitting at the drive thru at Mcdonalds and all the sudden it felt like he was hit front behind and there was a loud clank. Well he wasn't hit from behind he didn't even take his foot off the brake. The thing slips like crazy and I don't think its even worth fixing. His shock mount broke for the 5th time in 2 years, I strung like 5 zip ties on there to hold it up and it's lasted longer than all the welds or whatever else was done in an attempt to fix it. As far as I'm concerned it has some of the hardest miles I've ever seen put on a vehicle. Its towed a 6 thousand pound chipper all over the place, an 18 foot trailer with TONS of huge 12x12 and 18x18 structural beams on it all over the hills of New York and back to Connecticut. It owes my family nothing, in fact I think we at least owe it a proper burial. sorry for my rant.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Have a picture of it in action?

Nothing wrong with finanly making that decision to move on to a different vehicle. All vehicles are machines and they have their limits, sometimes it's just financial instead of an actual physical limitation.

We create them, use them and our very use starts to destroy them. Proper upkeep can make them last longer, but they still tend towards mechanical failure. 235K miles on a Burban is pretty good, especially for the type of wear that you put it though.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I'll snag one tommorrow. I don't know if we should sell her for what it is or if i should harvest all the parts off it for the black 95 that I'm going to give him. I can't decide which would be more valuable in the end.