GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: What tire size

Jr. Apprentice

Default What tire size

Ok guys, I have a 08 CC Sierra 1500 4wd Vmax. I have a guy that wants to trade me his stock GMC 20's for my 17's. I want to go with a 33" tire and need to see which size. I am most likely going with Nitto Terra Grappler's. I need to know what width? Also, I have seen people running these with just the 2" leveling kit on and was wondering about that? I have also been looking at the Rough Country 3" lift, but have only seen one review and it was super negative on the same truck I have...

Jr. Apprentice

Well answered my question lol...If you go with the 2" leveling kit you run 33x11 tires.....if you go with the 3" suspension lift kit, you can go with 33x12.50 tire....So now I need to see some trucks with those size tires to decide what I want to do...Also, still need someone with the 3" on an 08 to give their feedback...

lookat previous threads about tire size there are a bunch in teh suspension section and i think there are some pictures in there
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I just ordered a set of 295/70r17 same as 33x12.5r17 nitto terra grapplers from discount tire for $187 a tire and was $673 out the door. if you order on line you get 10% off and free shipping if you get tire protection plan add another $100 to price but you get 30 days to get it so if you are like me i just ordered the tires now and with in the 30 days i plan on getting that. 305/70r17 is also around the 33 inch size. ive got my truck leveled so these tires will fit perfect. when i get installed on truck will take pics of it. but save your self some cash and go to discount tires web site they have the best prices believe me ive checked every site and they have the best deal. also you dont need a 3 inch suspension lift. my truck is a 05 chevy avalanche and ive got the ready lift leveling kit on it and 33s will work. i also went with the bilstien 5100 shocks all around and put a 3/4 inch spacer in rear. hope this gives you a little better idea as what you can do.
    Last edited by black jack; 05-20-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    look at previous threads about tire size there are a bunch in teh suspension section and i think there are some pictures in there
    This is definitely a common reoccurring question
    A 2" lift with 33's id the perfect fit and looks MEAN!
    '08 Black Crew Cab Sierra SLE
    5.3L V8, z71 4x4
    6" Superlift with Billstein shocks all the way around
    35" toyo m/t
    17" KMC XD Hoss wheels
    Straight piped!
    *Coming Soon:
    Billet Grille
    EDGE Evolution Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by USN-MA2 View Post
    Ok guys, I have a 08 CC Sierra 1500 4wd Vmax. I have a guy that wants to trade me his stock GMC 20's for my 17's. I want to go with a 33" tire and need to see which size. I am most likely going with Nitto Terra Grappler's. I need to know what width? Also, I have seen people running these with just the 2" leveling kit on and was wondering about that? I have also been looking at the Rough Country 3" lift, but have only seen one review and it was super negative on the same truck I have...
    I have lt285/16's on mine with no lift it is a 32 inch tire. Thge leveling kit should give you clearance to run 285, 295 or 305 because with the larger wheel size the side wall mes comes down. I have also looked at the lift you mentioned. I have heard some good things about it but I have decided not to lift mine other than the leveling kit.
    Chris S. The GoFastPadre I like to drive fast and I've got the speeding tickets to prove it. 00 Sierra Z71 ECSB K&N CAI Pacesetter Shorties (soon to be replaced with LT's) Magnaflow HFC's Flowmasters with True Duals and H-Pipe more mods to come