GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Silverado tailgate cap.

I did some hauling of plywood, lumber, shingles, and other heavy items the other day in my truck (some people don't think us city folk ever use our trucks for anything but driving around - @Cowpie).

Now the tailgate cap/spoiler is pretty scratched up. It's good that it got scratched and not the paint, but are there any aftermarket tailgate caps like the one on the NNBS trucks that are made of that rock hard ABS plastic?

I have EGR rail caps, and the plastic they are made from is extremely hard and scratch proof. I would prefer it have that spoiler look as it makes for a good ledge to sit stuff on (beer cans and bottle) while engaged in BS sessions. Not to mention I gather that the shape of the tailgate cap is fuel economy motivated.

Thanks.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

diamond plate is always an option.....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Mine is scratched and gouged from hauling lumber and steel stock but its only on the inside edge, you cant see it normally because the bed cover sits over that part.
    I thought I saw an EGR replacement tailgate cap made out of the same stuff as the EGR bed rail caps.