GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Yeah, that article has caused me to rethink what I was going to do in replacing the Jegs unit I already have on now. This is what I am considering now in the 2" aluminum version.....

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/Hig...ency%20Air.htm
    2013 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 Crew. 5.3L Auto. Range AFM Delete, PCV Catch Can, RC Leveling kit, Dynomax Ultra Flo cat back, Airaid M.I.T.

2013 Freightliner Columbia. pre-EGR Detroit 12.7L 500 hp 1850 lb torque, 18 speed.

Like I said somewhere, just add another Jeg's in-line and be done with it.

My "big boy" version of the Lowe's Kobalt is working fine.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpie View Post
    Yeah, that article has caused me to rethink what I was going to do in replacing the Jegs unit I already have on now. This is what I am considering now in the 2" aluminum version.....

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/Hig...ency%20Air.htm
    I am pretty sure that the Watts unit on that page is a F504-02 AH, that is for the plastic bowl. The metal bowl version is F504-02 DH. They can be had for around $33 if you search around online. If you know a supplier then you can get them cheaper. I am waiting on a call back with my cost now. Yes, they do not have the long aluminum bowl as pictured in the link. But, according to that page you can order their "special filter media retrofit" for $25

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yes, you can order the filter retrofit, but you would also have to have the longer aluminum bowl already. The newer filter is longer than the stock one. And the stock watts unit is a 1.5" unit and the CP unit is either 1.5" or 2". The glass version is only 2". The longer Aluminum bowl in 1.5" almost makes buying a watts unit like you stated and trying to "retrofit", the same price overall. Sometime it just doesn't pay to try and reinvent the wheel. Nothing wrong with the stock Watts unit or two inline. Not what I want for my purposes. I want more oil capacity. The wife primarily uses the pickup and I primarily drive a semi. I don't want to have to constantly be checking a smaller unit to see if it needs dumped. And since I want larger capacity, it just seems logical to also get better filtration.
    2013 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 Crew. 5.3L Auto. Range AFM Delete, PCV Catch Can, RC Leveling kit, Dynomax Ultra Flo cat back, Airaid M.I.T.

2013 Freightliner Columbia. pre-EGR Detroit 12.7L 500 hp 1850 lb torque, 18 speed.

I don't understand why the company uses the F504, Here is info that I just got from my watts supplier.
    F504 - Particulate (20 micron polypropylene elements - H
    F501 - Coalescing (.3 micron element - H)
    F507 - Oil removal (.7 micron element - O

The F504 is considered a particulate and a water filter not a Coalescing or oil removal filter. It is not even tested by Watts for pressure drop when the element is wet with oil like the F501 & F507 is. Although the element material is the same. I am sure that what CS makes may work just fine. But, as you stated multiple times above, "Why not use something made for the specific purpose". You also state that you want "better filtration" The
    501 and 507 claim 95% and 99.97% efficiency depending on what element grade you go with. The only issue I see with the 501 and 507 is the max flow is 10 CFM while the 504 is 22cfm. You could also move into the 10F13H. I don't know that that much flow is needed for the PCV system. I understand that the capacity of these are not nearly what you would like. I am debating which watts filter to order and then I will talk to my machine shop about the cost of producing an extended capacity bowl. I am not all that concerned about the 1 oz capacity for my application, but if the price is right I may upgrade to a larger bowl. I understand your need for a larger bowl.

Check out his page from Watts with descriptions of each of their filters.
    http://www.wattsfluidair.com/catalogs/0714W_MiniFRL.pdf
    Last edited by Pikey; 07-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345