GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default 2014 Callaway Silverado?

Callaway is already turning up the wick on the 2014 Silverado - how does 540 horsepower sound to you?

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/callaway-p...verado-pickup/
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very sweet Gotta see what SLP and others do to Her that GM should be doing...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Very sweet Gotta see what SLP and others do to Her that GM should be doing...
    Well SLP was bought out by Roush, so I don't know if things will be the same

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Yep I heard about some big news from my friend at SLP a while ago but he did not gointo details.. Just found this.. TO: All SLP Performance Parts Customers April 20th, 2013
    SUBJECT: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    To all our valued customers,
    I’m pleased to announce some exciting news regarding SLP’s aftermarket Performance Parts business. To continue the growth and success of SLP Performance Parts, Inc., a new business relationship has recently been formed with ROUSH Performance Products.
    ROUSH has been a valued Powertrain components supplier to SLP over the years, and our relationship has recently expanded. ROUSH has the resources and capabilities that will take the SLP Performance Parts business and product line to the next level, along with an organization that shares our same values of highly-engineered product quality, reliable performance and a dedication to expanding our current product coverage.
    As a result, ROUSH Performance has acquired and will now manage SLP’s aftermarket Performance Parts business, including all product development and supply chain operations. Going forward, SLP’s Specialty Vehicles business will continue to be owned and managed directly by me as a separate company, giving me the ability to focus on new Specialty Vehicle programs and the future growth of the company. ROUSH will continue to be a key supplier of products and technologies to the SLP Specialty Vehicles business.
    I can tell you that the team at ROUSH Performance has exciting plans for continued investment and expansion of the SLP Performance Parts brands, products and dealer programs. The family of SLP brands and programs are alive and well, and we have high expectations for the future of the SLP Performance Parts programs.
    The teams at SLP Performance Parts and ROUSH Performance are working together to ensure that there will be no disruption to our daily business operations. Our goal is to enhance our service levels to you and to communicate with you on any questions you may have.
    I hope that you share my excitement regarding these developments. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your SLP Performance Parts Regional Sales Manager, or inside Sales Representative at 732-349-2109.
    Sincerely
    Ed Hamburger
    President, SLP Specialty Vehicles
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I trying to hold off for a 2015. I may have to go all out on the next truck.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Yep I heard about some big news from my friend at SLP a while ago but he did not gointo details.. Just found this.. TO: All SLP Performance Parts Customers April 20th, 2013
    SUBJECT: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    To all our valued customers,
    I’m pleased to announce some exciting news regarding SLP’s aftermarket Performance Parts business. To continue the growth and success of SLP Performance Parts, Inc., a new business relationship has recently been formed with ROUSH Performance Products.
    ROUSH has been a valued Powertrain components supplier to SLP over the years, and our relationship has recently expanded. ROUSH has the resources and capabilities that will take the SLP Performance Parts business and product line to the next level, along with an organization that shares our same values of highly-engineered product quality, reliable performance and a dedication to expanding our current product coverage.
    As a result, ROUSH Performance has acquired and will now manage SLP’s aftermarket Performance Parts business, including all product development and supply chain operations. Going forward, SLP’s Specialty Vehicles business will continue to be owned and managed directly by me as a separate company, giving me the ability to focus on new Specialty Vehicle programs and the future growth of the company. ROUSH will continue to be a key supplier of products and technologies to the SLP Specialty Vehicles business.
    I can tell you that the team at ROUSH Performance has exciting plans for continued investment and expansion of the SLP Performance Parts brands, products and dealer programs. The family of SLP brands and programs are alive and well, and we have high expectations for the future of the SLP Performance Parts programs.
    The teams at SLP Performance Parts and ROUSH Performance are working together to ensure that there will be no disruption to our daily business operations. Our goal is to enhance our service levels to you and to communicate with you on any questions you may have.
    I hope that you share my excitement regarding these developments. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your SLP Performance Parts Regional Sales Manager, or inside Sales Representative at 732-349-2109.
    Sincerely
    Ed Hamburger
    President, SLP Specialty Vehicles

I heard something like that too, just hope it's true and does become the downfall of the company

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywolf858 View Post
    I trying to hold off for a 2015. I may have to go all out on the next truck.
    Same here. I am looking to buy a new car around Q2 of next year but it will be a car-car, like a Camaro or a new SS. As for a new truck, that may be another 3 years or so after that. I'd love a new truck but I want a new car just a little bit more. My '01 Silverado is still going strong. But, when the times comes, my next truck will be absolutely loaded.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Same here. I am looking to buy a new car around Q2 of next year but it will be a car-car, like a Camaro or a new SS. As for a new truck, that may be another 3 years or so after that. I'd love a new truck but I want a new car just a little bit more. My '01 Silverado is still going strong. But, when the times comes, my next truck will be absolutely loaded.
    I'm up in the air. I really like sitting upright in trucks and you can't do that in a car. But the Camaro has been coming out with some cool stuff lately.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywolf858 View Post
    I'm up in the air. I really like sitting upright in trucks and you can't do that in a car. But the Camaro has been coming out with some cool stuff lately.
    That's why I am keeping my 2001 Silverado and getting a car. That way I can have both. I can't ever see myself without a truck so if only had one vehicle, it would be a truck but if I can have both, and it's looking that way come early next year, then I'll have my truck and a sporty car for fun.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Default More Info - 2014 Callaway Silverado & Sierra

A few photos here of Callaway Silverado and Sierra for 2014.

Supercharged 460 bhp 5.3L or 540 bhp 6.2L, with GM's new Direct Injection, Continuously Variable Valve Timing, Active Fuel Management. Over 520 lb-ft of torque with 6.2L. Seamless transition into and out of positive manifold pressure (boost).

"Seriously fast, powerfully engineered." Standard Callaway warranty overlaps GM factory warranty, covering Callaway and GM parts. Serviceable at all Chevy and GMC dealers.

Click for more info, including standard equipment, available options and price list:
    Link to Callaway Silverado website page