GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tomorrow will be 1 week since the fateful event and my complaint to U-Haul and I have yet to hear word 1 from them. Tomorrow morning I'm settling in for an unhappy, but civil call to corporate not only to get resolution for the bad install, but also the lack of a response that I was promised would be made in 48 hours of the complaint.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just picked up a Class 3 hitch today for my friends 2011 Toyota Van I'll be doing the install next Wed at a shop I hang at. Price for the Curt Hitch $169.00 Brand new Wire T $65.00 install labor for me.... $100.00
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well, I've got a resolution now. I spoke with Corporate today who gave me the local owner/managing company number. I spoke with the CEO's assistant who's going to refund me the labor to install the hitch. Granted, the labor was a measly $35.00, but it's the principle of the matter.

As for being able to get that hitch from somewhere else for cheaper, I'm not so sure. The hitch is a Draw-Tite 41900 which hasn't been made for a few years and cost me $243. A quick search for that hitch was giving me prices closer to $300. I think I made out pretty good on the hitch itself, just the installation wasn't worth a darn.

Another pro to getting it from U-Haul is that as far as I know, I still have their unconditional warranty against failure of the hitch including any collision, corrosion, accidental overload, jackknife, or theft of vehicle. Sounds like a winner to me... Downsides...I still have to do the install myself, but I should be able to get it done in an hour, maybe more since I'm going to drop the tank to do the install which technically isn't required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12