GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Bought a GoPro Hero 3 camera today ... recorded in wrong resolution!

I got a GoPro Hero 3 camera today and took the 2014 Silverado out to get some video ... but from the factory it ships being set at something less than 1080 resolution ... I can't remember actually, but it's not full widescreen. :-( So I got a bunch of video that i have to post up as 4:3 resolution instead of full 16:9 resolution.

The battery didn't come fully charged from the factory either, and I understand that, but I was still able to get about an hour of video recording time, just I found some good offroad trails to run through and I didn't get the last 30 minutes of that.

In any case, I don't have great video editing software on this computer, but I'm working at it and have a 3-minute review video with a simple voice-over that I will put up on YouTube here in the next hour or so.

The NEXT one will be a lot better as it will be in full 1080 widescreen resolution.

In case people don't know what I'm talking about, this is the difference between 4:3 and 16:9 resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16_9_vs_4_3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	53415

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I bought my son one for his Bday... it takes surprisingly good pics and video.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I got a GoPro Hero 3 camera today and took the 2014 Silverado out to get some video ... but from the factory it ships being set at something less than 1080 resolution ... I can't remember actually, but it's not full widescreen. :-( So I got a bunch of video that i have to post up as 4:3 resolution instead of full 16:9 resolution.

The battery didn't come fully charged from the factory either, and I understand that, but I was still able to get about an hour of video recording time, just I found some good offroad trails to run through and I didn't get the last 30 minutes of that.

In any case, I don't have great video editing software on this computer, but I'm working at it and have a 3-minute review video with a simple voice-over that I will put up on YouTube here in the next hour or so.

The NEXT one will be a lot better as it will be in full 1080 widescreen resolution.

In case people don't know what I'm talking about, this is the difference between 4:3 and 16:9 resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16_9_vs_4_3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	53415
    That's what She said......j/k Can't wait to see the Video's...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Posted the video up on the gmtc YouTube channel.

@Steve did you buy a new 2014 Silverado or did Chevy lend you one to test?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

just a review. they have some they give out to as part of the "press fleet" they call it.