GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Proform LS Covers

As everyone knows, I hate how crappy the LS engines look. Plastic everywhere, wires and plastic shrouding really really make these LS engines look ugly as sin in my opinion. As more and more people but these in old muscle and hot rods, the market to clean up these engines is growing. I was bored while writing a paper for my college class, and stumbled across this new valve cover set up. After talking to the company, they said since these covers are a bit taller some modifications may need to be done with wiring harnesses and what not to make it fit. As you can see they mount the coil packs above the valve covers to help clean up the look. You will need to buy longer wires such as the Katech for $55 bucks. What do you all think? Looks good or not? PS after check sources, the covers cost around $250, coil pack bracket $60, and like I mentioned wires $55.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I've been wanting to clean mine up too... they do look nasty. Thinking of some coil covers... just haven't found ones I really like yet.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I've been wanting to clean mine up too... they do look nasty. Thinking of some coil covers... just haven't found ones I really like yet.
    Same here. Some covers need trimmed, others won't work with our coil packs, and others only fit the nnbs's like yours. At least the market is growing.

Sr. Apprentice

hi
    Proform LS valve covers that will replace your generic looking stock LS valve & give them a totally personalized look. They include unique mounting studs and oil-restricting baffles. Proform LS valve covers feature threaded mounting holes for integrated ignition coil brackets and are available in a variety of finishes to complement your specific engine compartment.

they look good,but still those ugly coil packs hanging there.saw 5.3 on you tube had plastic covers over packs and metal covers,does any one know where i can get these?

I had been researching a coil cover for the engine and stumbled across this one at Speedway Motors.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Holley...ers,52204.html

- - - Updated - - -

Also thought these would be cool if the script only said Chevrolet and not Corvette. Found these on Ebay. I don't have them - cost is too much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $T2eC16N,!)cE9s4PsSyVBRgmSmN!4!~~60_35.jpg   $(KGrHqYOKp0E-QIJpPgqBRgmC8g)!!~~60_35.jpg  

On my Engine, I went and Installed Polish Billet Coil Covers, and then I Painted the Milled Lines Gloss Black....

And when I need to work on the Engine, they’re Attached with Quick-to-Remove ¼ Turn Dzus Fasteners.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    On my Engine, I went and Installed Polish Billet Coil Covers, and then I Painted the Milled Lines Gloss Black....

And when I need to work on the Engine, they’re Attached with Quick-to-Remove ¼ Turn Dzus Fasteners.

that looks awesome! That engine bay is so clean, I would never believe that truck was a 99

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks Mike.........the one down-side with the All the Chrome, Polish Billet, is I need to stay on top of it, keeping everything Polished.