GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    868

    Default Craftsman 3 ton jack anyone?

    We have a Craftsman 3 ton jack that we no longer need as we invested in a aluminum 3 ton rapid pump. Anyone in the York PA area or going to Carlisle that would be interested in picking up?
    Objects in mirror are losing

    2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

  2. #2
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    Got a pic?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  3. #3
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    868

    Default

    I'll go take one hold on

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Got a pic?



    - - - Updated - - -

    It has been used (as you can see), now just taking up space

  4. #4
    Former Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    We have a Craftsman 3 ton jack that we no longer need as we invested in a aluminum 3 ton rapid pump. Anyone in the York PA area or going to Carlisle that would be interested in picking up?


    Big question...how much?

  5. #5
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Twenty five bucks is what my dad and I are asking right now. I will be honest the frame of it is slightly bent but it still works fine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll even hit up the wheels and frame with black Rust-Oleum if interested.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    Twenty five bucks is what my dad and I are asking right now. I will be honest the frame of it is slightly bent but it still works fine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll even hit up the wheels and frame with black Rust-Oleum if interested.
    I own a Craftsman 3 ton floor jack as well. How on earth do you bend the frame on a floor jack? I've had mine for over 7 years and while the paint has scraped off the wheels and the jack head, it still looks and operates like new. My jack never leaves the garage so that is why it looks so good.

    I had an old Craftsman floor jack which looked like it was from the 70s and all that happened to it was the hydraulics went out. IMO Craftsman floor jacks are really rugged.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  7. #7
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I own a Craftsman 3 ton floor jack as well. How on earth do you bend the frame on a floor jack? I've had mine for over 7 years and while the paint has scraped off the wheels and the jack head, it still looks and operates like new. My jack never leaves the garage so that is why it looks so good.

    I had an old Craftsman floor jack which looked like it was from the 70s and all that happened to it was the hydraulics went out. IMO Craftsman floor jacks are really rugged.
    ,
    After my mother moved out our garage was too cluttered to work on a vehicle so we would have to work on ours in the driveway. As you can see in some of my pictures in my albums I live on the side of a hill. One day as I was jacking it up, I left to get some jack stands, the truck slipped off of the jack, wedging it between the A frame and the driveway. It still works well even with the frame being bent.

  8. #8

    Default

    Hold onto it. A spare floor jack is always a good thing...You can't have too many! Same for jackstands.
    Christopher

    1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half



    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

  9. #9
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    868

    Default

    I have a 3 ton bottle jack/jack stand in the truck, the 3 ton rapid pump, a 2.5 ton gm performance, the 3 ton I'm selling, and a 2.5 ton

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •