GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default Exhaust help for 1994 c2500 7.4

    I have a 1994 c2500 with a 7.4 and I need a y-Pipe for the exhaust. No one lists the part I need. The closest I have found, is from Walker, part number 40211. What is strange is that their diagram is for 1991-1994 C/K 2500 w/7.4, but the Y-Pipe has a note that it is for 1991-1992 only. Every other part on the complete exhaust system is for 1991-1995. Does anyone know what would be different about a 1991-1992 vs 1994, if every other part is the same?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12227_resized.gif 
Views:	52 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	53444

  2. #2

    Default

    If you look at Rockauto.com, under exhaust (for your year and model) you'll see a more traditional "Y" pipe. If you measure everything out it looks like it should fit, but the end will have to be welded. It includes the donut gaskets to fasten to the manifold as welol as the spring bolts for the flanges, all for less than $80. Maybe stock the '94 came set up a different way. I had the same problem on my truck, but got under the truck and measured everything, bought what I needed, cut one end and made a welded mod and bolted it up. Never had a problem. Good luck!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirwriter View Post
    If you look at Rockauto.com, under exhaust (for your year and model) you'll see a more traditional "Y" pipe. If you measure everything out it looks like it should fit, but the end will have to be welded. It includes the donut gaskets to fasten to the manifold as welol as the spring bolts for the flanges, all for less than $80. Maybe stock the '94 came set up a different way. I had the same problem on my truck, but got under the truck and measured everything, bought what I needed, cut one end and made a welded mod and bolted it up. Never had a problem. Good luck!

    Sirwriter, thanks for the reply. I swear, RockAuto didn't have that listed when I looked a couple of weeks ago.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmako View Post
    Sirwriter, thanks for the reply. I swear, RockAuto didn't have that listed when I looked a couple of weeks ago.
    They are like Sam's Club. They buy in lots, and most of the time when it's gone it's gone. I had a whole bunch of stuff in my cart for another truck once, and when I came back a week later over half of it was gone.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirwriter View Post
    They are like Sam's Club. They buy in lots, and most of the time when it's gone it's gone. I had a whole bunch of stuff in my cart for another truck once, and when I came back a week later over half of it was gone.
    I did not know that. Thanks again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •