GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Biggest POS car/truck ever made.

I've never seen it on here, but I figure that it would be good for discussion. What's the biggest POS car/truck ever made.

My vote if for:

Chrysler K cars. What incredible oil leaking piles of junk those cars were.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

lol! The K car. I knew a few people in high school that had them. You are correct they all seemed to leak oil like crazy. But, they seemed to run forever. That was the first car that I ever had to do a timing belt on. It sucked. Plus, every one I knew of also leaked trans fluid. When the fluid would get low the car would stall any time you stopped at a light. Add literally a drop of trans fluid and it would be good for another month.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Any Chry Crap.... Or Range Rover.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Any Chry Crap.... Or Range Rover.....
    Just wondering...how many Range Rovers have you owned?
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

Renault Alliance
    Puegeot and Citroen any model
    Sterling 825 and 827
    Owned 1 or more of each of these models and none of them have been dependable vehicles.
    The Renault had less than 3000 miles when the engine blew and I spent 9 months fighting to get it repaired under warranty only to have it replaced with another Alliance that blew the engine after 24,000 miles.

Not to pick on the brand that so many of us love for other reasons, but let's not forget that GM has put out a few duds also.

Anyone remember the 5.7(? Or was it 5.2?)Liter Diesel engine? The TH200 transmission?
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by donl View Post
    Just wondering...how many Range Rovers have you owned?
    Never have and NEVER will All ya gotta do is some lite research and you will see they are one of the Most Unreliable POS's on the road today

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Never have and NEVER will All ya gotta do is some lite research and you will see they are one of the Most Unreliable POS's on the road today
    Apparently the Range Rover and Land Rovers buyers are more than willing to pay the high prices for a fairly unreliable SUV. I guess the status of owning a RR/LR is more than worth it.

Me personally, I think Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs are ugly as can be, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    lol! The K car. I knew a few people in high school that had them. You are correct they all seemed to leak oil like crazy. But, they seemed to run forever. That was the first car that I ever had to do a timing belt on. It sucked. Plus, every one I knew of also leaked trans fluid. When the fluid would get low the car would stall any time you stopped at led lights. Add literally a drop of trans fluid and it would be good for another month.
    Very right.. I have seen such cars in high school... It seems to be going well for so many years but I was not sure about fluid leaks
    Last edited by PatrickNichols; 07-13-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Our-actually it was my girlfriend's now wife-1980 Chevette
    bought with my help-was a decent enough car
    Yeah it was slow-got much poorer mpg than equivalent Japanese cars
    but it was $5200 OTD vs at least $7500 OTD for an equivalent Honda or Toyota
    The timing belt broke at 5 years 32000 miles
    but it was a not interference engine-what a surprise with such an aggressive cam it must have had-
    so no problem when it broke-other than IMMEDIATELY stopping

My dad-what a cheapskate- had several lemons
    1958 Ford SW- never bought another Ford-it would have been a 6 cal-overheated from new
    1961 Rambler SW with the NEW HIGH TECH-aluminum block- it blew head gaskets every 3 -4 months-we would be going down the highway smoking steaming-1st time I ever heard dad say MF

A mid 1970's Peugeot-what a POS that was-always in shop-I changed the spark plugs once-and was stunned when some sort of SLEEVE screwed out with the plug??WTF??

Now the Rambler wasn't a lemon-other than the horrible head gasket leak warping-and it had really comfortable front seats
    The Peugeot-comfortable seats also-but a lemon thru and thru-just as TB says

Oh-I did mention these cars were CHEAP to buy-my dad-cheapskate
    He did buy one winner-1965 Fury 3 SW 318-V-8 we-brother and me-BEAT on that car everyday-was still running great after 150,000 very very hard miles-
    WOT it would show 111mph-and it did that often since we had no sense-but plenty of luck-111 on speedometer was probably 105 or so
    So Dodge Plymouth(Cuda 383 1971) soft spot
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by