GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Biggest POS car/truck ever made.

I've never seen it on here, but I figure that it would be good for discussion. What's the biggest POS car/truck ever made.

My vote if for:

Chrysler K cars. What incredible oil leaking piles of junk those cars were.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

lol! The K car. I knew a few people in high school that had them. You are correct they all seemed to leak oil like crazy. But, they seemed to run forever. That was the first car that I ever had to do a timing belt on. It sucked. Plus, every one I knew of also leaked trans fluid. When the fluid would get low the car would stall any time you stopped at a light. Add literally a drop of trans fluid and it would be good for another month.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Any Chry Crap.... Or Range Rover.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Any Chry Crap.... Or Range Rover.....
    Just wondering...how many Range Rovers have you owned?
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

Renault Alliance
    Puegeot and Citroen any model
    Sterling 825 and 827
    Owned 1 or more of each of these models and none of them have been dependable vehicles.
    The Renault had less than 3000 miles when the engine blew and I spent 9 months fighting to get it repaired under warranty only to have it replaced with another Alliance that blew the engine after 24,000 miles.

My family had much better luck with "K" cars than you did ! Had two in the family, my late wife had one, took a clutch when almost new, fixed under warranty - 0 problems after that. Mother in law had one for at least 12 years - almost lost an engine due to a serious oil leak. She had a recall or service advisory on it, but she threw it in the trash. One of her son in laws found the car over two quarts low on oil ! He took it to her dealer and even though it was way past warranty, they fixed it and covered the cost, it ran several more years with no trouble. Back to the subject - The worst pieces of junk we ever had in my family was 1. a Mercury Bobcat ( remember the Pinto ?, same car ) No end of problems - Ford didn't help at all, 1st engine shot at about 50K, rebuild didn't make it 10K. Cost my brother LOTS of money, traded it at less than 5 yrs. old - gave it away ! 2nd was a chevy citation, belonged to my dad, he was easy on cars, drove conservative & took good care of them. That car was a lemon from day one. Dad refused to ever buy another GM vehicle again. Personally, the worst I ever had was a '95 chev, s10 blazer, no big problems, but it was always something, soon as the warrenty was up we traded it !!
    Last edited by grampy; 07-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Not to pick on the brand that so many of us love for other reasons, but let's not forget that GM has put out a few duds also.

Anyone remember the 5.7(? Or was it 5.2?)Liter Diesel engine? The TH200 transmission?
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Chevy Vega. The "big three" all made some huge mistakes and did little to nothing to assist owners stuck with the problems. No wonder Toyota and other foreign makes have done so well. csltrains96 brought up the infamous early GM diesel. I had a couple friends that lost a lot of money on those, one was an Olds, the other a 1/2 ton GMC pickup. The dealer wouldn't even accept the pickup back on a trade !

ford f150 fix or repair daily
    1998 chevy Silverado z71 flowmaster 40 auto start remote start AR rims -Thomas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast