GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I gotta admit-the ORIGINAL LAND ROVER
    the one that was in White Hunter and those nature shows
    It was Freakin Cool-
    I think it had an aluminum body-for rust reasons
    No doubt it had POS-Lucas electrics- but those old shows-you guys are too young "Rhodes Reason in White Hunter" were cool
    Current Rovers -POS QC
    and yeah young guy next door bought a 2000 BMW- cheap-$5000 or so-
    he has dumped cubic $$ in it so far-just minor stuff-but maybe $4000 and counting
    Yeah-fixing BMW MB AUDI- forget it-once they are 10 years old-
    almost not worth repairing they are so expensive to repair

Le Car-wow I hadn't heard that name in years?? Actually a LeCar club?? ha,ha need a club to keep those POS running!!
    What next a YUGO fan club?? That was thought to be a POS- never knew anyone who owned one
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Yes and in my neck of the woods they are all over the place But talk to the Mech's at the dealership and they will tell you.. NO THANKS!! They would NEVEER own one..
    A buddy of mine owns an auto repair shop and he HATES European cars. He'll take their money and work on them, but he said he'd never own one.

He told me a story how a guy came into his shop wanting some coil packs and spark plugs changed on his Mercedes 12 cylinder. The Mercedes dealer wanted $8K for the job!!!!!!!! WTF, I shudder at how much if that car needed a new engine. My buddy said he'd do it for $3800 and the guy JUMPED for joy.

I could probably put a new crate engine in my truck for $3800 (labor included).

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

When the RR first came to the US ( The newer ones) The dealers did NOT repair them.. They REPLACED them.. No Lie.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    When the RR first came to the US ( The newer ones) The dealers did NOT repair them.. They REPLACED them.. No Lie.....
    Replacing a car instead of fixing it does not sound very cost effective.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It was easier No one know how to fix them...

When stationed in a foreign country with the military you normally dont have much choice about what brand vehicle to buy, if I was in the U.S. theres very few European vehicles Id buy.
    But unfortunately I spent most of my 22 yr career in Europe, Mediterranian theater, and the middle east, American mfg vehicles for sale were few and far between and normally went for a premium, so I bought regionally manufactured and learned to appreciate the us regulations.
    Overseas American vehicles are prefered but expensive, German and Swedish come in next, Rover heavy trucks are popular but the light duty and suv class trucks are for people with to much money that care more for leather and real wood than reliability.
    We whine about getting 150 to 200k on a vehicle, they have very few vehicles in Europe that can achieve that. In Japan the Govt. takes vehicles off the road when they get btwn 30 and 50k so np one knows how long they would really last.

To be fair, the Range Rover is British, but the Land Rover was a Toyota product. I had a high school buddy that took a Land Rover and put a Chevy engine into it. Ran it hard for years after that.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Not sure
    but I thought the Land Cruiser was the Toyota take on the British Land Rover
    I could have that backwards-they-Toyota intentionally used a name that was derivative- it was pretty decent vehicle I think
    I remember looking-with dad-at the Toyota version mid 1960's
    Yeah Land Rover= Brit
    Land Cruiser = japanese
    or maybe backwards

As far as the biggest POS ive owned unfortunately would have to be my 03 Escalade ext. Nothing but problems with this truck. Almost made me steer away from GM after being a GM guy my whole life. I would be lucky right now to get $7k with 91k miles for the truck because of its issues with stability control, brake system issues, engine light on, third brake light out and tachometer not working. Drivers heated seat element bad and this doesnt include the thousands put into it while I owned it for 7 years. POS!!!!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35" Nitto Dune Grappler Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

i know im not alone on this, but I will never own a grand am again. biggest POS i ever owned.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers