GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Well the biggest POSs I have ever owned would have to be the only 2 that ever left me stranded and those were a Toyota corolla that left me stranded in the high desert in California after slinging a rod and then there was my old Mercury cougar "the land yacht" It too left me stranded with a thrown rod but at least I wasn't in a secluded area when it happened.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Well the biggest POSs I have ever owned would have to be the only 2 that ever left me stranded and those were a Toyota corolla that left me stranded in the high desert in California after slinging a rod and then there was my old Mercury cougar "the land yacht" It too left me stranded with a thrown rod but at least I wasn't in a secluded area when it happened.
    My 89 Corolla coupe was the lowest cost per mile vehicle I've ever owned. Just add (very little) gas and go and go and go....

I had an old Dodge Omni in high school that was a heap. My brother owned a late 90's malibu and it was a complete lemon. I've always looked at Audi as unreliable vehicles, but don't have any 1st hand experience.
    Current Rides: |99 Chevy Suburban- the family truckster |93 Lincoln Town Car- 250K miles & still churning -now a fan of the Panther platform |95 BMW 325is coupe- Wheeee!
    Former GM cars: |78 Suburban 454 |71 Buick Electra 225 (deuce & a quarter) |75 Monte Carlo- 400SB- heaviest doors GM every made |70 Impala coupe- my 1st car

Without question, a 1972 AMC Gremlin "X", factory equipped with a 304 V8, Borg-Warner T90 3 speed trans, 3.90 rear. Not all that unreliable, but it was just a complete heap of engineering mistakes. Small parts also fell off on a regular basis, inside and outside door handles, dash buttons, bumper mounts, stuff like that. The "A" arm (wait, change that, trunion arm) eccentrics could NEVER be tightened enough to hold alignment and the lower ball joints were only good for about 40k. The sway bars were really thick, shocks and springs were stiff, and held the car flat on turns but the whole setup was an oversteer accident waiting to happen. The worlds first drifter except you couldn't stop it from turning in once the rear broke loose. And ugly? My orange one was ugly with raisins on it.

While surfing the web, I found this site:

http://www.chryslerkcar.com/

Wow, a website dedicated to the HUGE POS K-car. I swear, there are fans of everything.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Lets not forget the citation it was so ugly it was banned from demolition derby's! I cant believe Chevrolet really did make that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234