GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2007 GMC SLE AC Issue

I need some help. I have a 2007 GMC Sierra ext cab. I have owned it for about two years, and I have been having some odd issues with it. I have been able to manage, but it is driving me up the walls. I have tried looking on forums and going to the shop, but no one knows what is going on. With that said, here is my problem.

My AC is leaking water into my passenger side floorboard. I don't see where the water is coming from due to the fact that it is coming under my floor mats. I have tried to get my system flushed and get the draining path clear, but the problem keeps coming back. It is only when I turn on the cooling not the heating. Recently, I have had all kinds of AC work done on my truck. Firestone told me that the only thing they haven't replaced was the condenser. They said that the condenser isn't the issue with the water. I think it is because that is the only thing not replaced, and I have had this issue checked by them. I want to avoid going to a dealership.

Also, this is kinda new, and I don't know if this is part of the first problem, but when I run my AC for a while I hear water moving around. After a while of hearing it, I will take a sharp turn and water will go all over my driver or passenger side floorboard depending on the turn. I was told that it was blocked, and they cleared it out. I'm kind confused that the drainage is blocked again. I only drive my truck on the road, and never go off road. I just can't think of anything that would cause it. Oh, and my air turns white from time to time.

Can someone please help me understand what is going on with my truck, and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Are you sure it's just water and not radiator fluid?
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

That was one of the things I did check for was to see if it was radiator fluid, but it is clear like water with no odor.

It's condensation from the evaporator. The evaporator is under the dash and the blower fan pushes air through it into the cabin. Condensation is normal, leaking into the cabin is not.

Ever notice there is always a wet spot under a car when idling in hot weather with the ac on?

There is a drain hole and a drain hose attached to the evaporator box, your hose, or hole is plugged.

Find the hose (under the hood, passenger side, connected to a port on the firewall), remove and clean. If hose is clear, the port is probably plugged, try a pipe cleaner.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I have noticed that there is draining of the water under the truck, but I will check that hose when I can get a chance to look at it.

Just an update. I found that it was not draining, and my passenger side floorboard was soaked. It was a lot of water that is soaked up by the carpet. Also, my blower stopped working on my truck, and now I don't have AC blowing into the cabin unless I'm moving. Quite annoyed right now.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by myers_87 View Post
    Just an update. I found that it was not draining, and my passenger side floorboard was soaked. It was a lot of water that is soaked up by the carpet. Also, my blower stopped working on my truck, and now I don't have AC blowing into the cabin unless I'm moving. Quite annoyed right now.

from the start of your posting FIRESTONE REPAIR . I would not use any of their repair services on your vehicle. with ac problems find a shop that does ac work on a regular basis.

now the air box does at times get fouled with organic material or even small animals. these will plug up the drain hole. you will need to remove the blower motor and check for debris clean out , test the blower motor and the speed resistors to complete this .

pouring water into the air box intake and then observing water draining out the evaporator drain is required. using a piece of wire to stick into this hole/hose to loosen up this debris that may be stuck into this drain. you do not want to use anything too sharp or rigid to do this as you can damage the evaporator ... 14 guage solid house electrical wire should be all you need to do this . a coat hanger would be too stiff and hard.