GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Member!! Ready to do some upgrades to my Truck!

Hello All!!

You can call me Jack. I am a US Marine. I am currently deployed and when I get home in a month I will be using my stash of cash to finally do some upgrades to my truck, with all of your advice.

First thing, I cant seem to upload a profile pic or avatar pic. But I did create a photo album so feel free to check it out along the way. Attached is a picture of my truck in its current state.

I big question I have for you is, 17" Rims or 20" rims?

Jack

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture1.jpg  
    John Eaton

Welcome to the club Jack, it's great to have you aboard. That a great looking truck you got there and thank you for your service to our country. As far as the wheels and tires I think the 20s would look great but it's all about what you like. Good luck and be safe.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to GMTC!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

1st of all, Thank You! I would go with 17's, tire's are cheaper. I have 18's and installed a 2" level kit, same as you. I mounted 33-12.50-18 and they "Look Great". If you use 20" rims you'll have a problem of mounting a tire of that size.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Welcome to the Club! You'll find all the info you need at this site from a great bunch of folk that enjoy helping.
    Thanks for your service and come home safe!!
    Semper Fi!

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!! Nice Truck!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals