GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Windsheild wiper issues

2008 Silverado 4.8L, 60000 miles

When I turned on my wipers today they moved to about the half way position then stopped. I have to play with the switch so the wipers cycle through to the down posistion. I assume this is a faulty motor, but what have your experices been?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter035 View Post

When I turned on my wipers today they moved to about the half way position then stopped. I have to play with the switch so the wipers cycle through to the down position. I assume this is a faulty motor, but what have your experiences been?
    the wiper motor should have a control board in it. I would start there. I have replaced many of these on older vehicles. the wiper motor itself is too new to be worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter035 View Post

When I turned on my wipers today they moved to about the half way position then stopped. I have to play with the switch so the wipers cycle through to the down posistion. I assume this is a faulty motor, but what have your experices been?
    Hey there,

Sorry to hear that your vehicle's wipers are not working as they should be. Please private message me if I can be of assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care