GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Installation of a new 34 gallon fuel tank insulators ?

I'm having a new fuel tank and fuel pump assembly installed in my 1990 Silverado. Has anyone done this operation and what do I use as the 'Anti-Squeak' strips? I see the LMC sells a Anti-Squeak kit. Do I need it, (I bought it anyway $14.99) or did you something different? I don't want to finish this job and have the tank shifting around for my own mistake of not putting something on the tank straps to hold the tank for moving around ? Thank you for your help !

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

I can't be the only person to R&R the fuel tank. Haven't anyone here had to deal with a replacement tank, and if you did, what did you do about the "Anti-Squeak" type of insulation ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1990 Chevy Pickup 1.20.2013 PICTURES 002.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	53643

I did it in my 1995. I did not use anything. The tank had a plastic cover. It never squeaked. I did try to get some thin foam rubber in there but the straps were too short for the foam to fit

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

4. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post