GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Center Console swap

    What's up everyone. I have a question about doing a center console swap on my 99 Sierra. I found a center console from a '04 Yukon with the Bose subwoofer and the rear radio controls. I was wondering if I can somehow get that to bolt right on to my truck. I like the look of the newer consoles better and the more available room on them.

    Anyone know if its a direct swap or do I have to mod it some to get it to fit?



    If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

    Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

  2. #2
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Im pretty sure pre 2003 silverado's you would have to mod it to get it to work
    Objects in mirror are losing

    2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    What's up everyone. I have a question about doing a center console swap on my 99 Sierra. I found a center console from a '04 Yukon with the Bose subwoofer and the rear radio controls. I was wondering if I can somehow get that to bolt right on to my truck. I like the look of the newer consoles better and the more available room on them.

    Anyone know if its a direct swap or do I have to mod it some to get it to fit?
    The console might bolt in, but it's unlikely that the subwoofer and rear controls will work as your 99 probably does not have the wiring for that stuff.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  4. #4

    Default

    console should work, dont think anything else will tho.

    when you making it up this way?

    Alex


    2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

    Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    console should work, dont think anything else will tho.

    when you making it up this way?

    Alex
    Ill be in Norfolk today. In North Carolina right now.

    I'd probably pop off the woofer and rear controls and put a woofer there and maybe a "custom" cubby hole in the rear.

  6. #6
    Jr. Mechanic Bowtied's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    2004 Silverado 5.3L
    Posts
    132

    Default

    From where did you obtain the console and how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking, i have a "work bench" up front with no console, but the hardware appears to be there for a direct bolt on center console that goes from the back of the front seats all thew way up to the bottom of the dash, as well as some units which end shortly after the cup holders

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwombat View Post
    From where did you obtain the console and how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking, i have a "work bench" up front with no console, but the hardware appears to be there for a direct bolt on center console that goes from the back of the front seats all thew way up to the bottom of the dash, as well as some units which end shortly after the cup holders
    I found one on Craigslist. Didn't buy it. Doing the research first

  8. #8

    Default

    You will need to take the seats out and get the base plate as well. That is what the console bolts to. At least I had to when i did my swap. But i did have the middle seat as well. Im glad I did the swap on my truck.
    02GMC2500 4X4 extcab.Kenda Mud tires.3"Magnaflow true dual Exhaust.throttle body spacer with K&N air filter.Hypertech programmer.White LED dash lights.LED back up lights and marker lights.LED cab lights.LED interior lights.6000k HID conversion lows, with high/low conversion.Installed Center Console

  9. #9

    Default

    I have the stock center center console already. Is it the same base plate or will I have to swap them out as well?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    I have the stock center center console already. Is it the same base plate or will I have to swap them out as well?

    I Believe they are the same. Not 100% sure though. I just wanted to make sure if you had the center seat that you got the base plate.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •