GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions needed

I wish I knew you were looking for some black wheels...I pretty much just gave away my XD Misfits to a co-worker.

I rocked the Rancho with factory wheels for a few months and like the look but wanted the wider stance of aftermarket wheels. My Misfits were -0 and my new wheels are -12 and perfer them over the -0. I would say go with the Addicts just because Monsters are just about as common as *ockstars.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

Blog Entries

I'd suggest tires first as well to complete the "lifted" look. And @RadoRage does make a good point if your tires still have plenty of tread left. However, instead of waiting, you may want to look into trading your tires in on some new ones. After I lifted and changed tires, I got $300 credit towards my new tires for my old tires and free mounting/balancing for the new ones. It may be worth looking into.

BTW, Truck looks great with the new lift. You've come along ways with your truck since first joining the site.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Jr. Mechanic

Definitely need to fill those wheel wells up.
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

This weekend I found there is a pride issue between being "Stuck" and "Hung". Stuck leaves you on the frame, Hung is being caught by your "Pumpkins". Don't get caught by your pumkins, add some tire height for that little "extra" clearance.

Sr. Mechanic

Well I had my stock rims and my Duratracs on Craigslist. Supposedly I'm meeting a guy on Wednesday who wants to buy them. So as long as he comes through with the cash I will be ordering rims and tires on Thursday. As of right now I'm leaning towards Nitto trail grappler m/t's size 295/70/18 with XD addicts or spy's. it seems like I've seen the spy's with a chrome center cap, anybody know if You can get a black center cap? I like the accents on the spy's but that chrome center cap is just a little much.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Just installed the Rancho 4" on the truck. Looking to see if you guys think I should do rims, XD Addicts or Monsters. Or tires, Nitto M/Ts or maybe BF KM2s. Of course thers the 3rd option, give the wife extra back rubs and just do both at the same time. But seriously, if I had to choose, what do you guys think, rims or tires.
    I don't like the drop stars "monster" wheels. Frackin heavy. As for the km2's, go for nitto. They'll last longer in comparison to the separation tendencies the km2's have.
    Chuckie!!!

Sr. Mechanic

Ok, so here's the latest. I've gone through so much B.S. with Craigslist trying to sell my rims and tires I could start a whole new thread about it. So I decided to order my rims and tires today and worry about selling my stuff later. The shop I deal with is good enough to order Spy's and Addicts for me to see which ones I want, both in 18x9 with -12 offset. And the tires, well, you all can wait till next week to see pictures. Just picked up the truck tonight from getting detailed. Man did it need it. So after rims and tires next week I'll take some real good pics and get em posted.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Ok, so here's the latest. I've gone through so much B.S. with Craigslist trying to sell my rims and tires I could start a whole new thread about it. So I decided to order my rims and tires today and worry about selling my stuff later. The shop I deal with is good enough to order Spy's and Addicts for me to see which ones I want, both in 18x9 with -12 offset. And the tires, well, you all can wait till next week to see pictures. Just picked up the truck tonight from getting detailed. Man did it need it. So after rims and tires next week I'll take some real good pics and get em posted.
    What tires did you choose?! I can't stand suspense! Lol
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cain73 View Post
    Definitely go with the tires first. The lift looks great. Bigger tires will really set it off. Rims can wait, but them I'm a fan of stock rims anyway.
    +1 what he said!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12