GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Opinions needed

Sr. Mechanic

Default Opinions needed

Just installed the Rancho 4" on the truck. Looking to see if you guys think I should do rims, XD Addicts or Monsters. Or tires, Nitto M/Ts or maybe BF KM2s. Of course thers the 3rd option, give the wife extra back rubs and just do both at the same time. But seriously, if I had to choose, what do you guys think, rims or tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Are you just looking for black rims? Btw lift looks great
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

i like the truck the way it sits to be honest. id do tires before rims for sure. throw some plasti-dip on the rims if you want something different.

thats what i plan on doing soonish.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

The lift looks good! If I were you, I would definitely go for some black wheels. I'm not a fan of 2-tone trucks. Your mirrors, brush guard and side steps are all black so some black wheels would be fitting.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Sr. Mechanic

Thanks for the input so far guys. I am quickly becoming a fan of the black rim look. Anyone have expierience with that plastic dip stuff, I've heard of it but havent seen it in person yet.

If done right plastidip looks good and will last several years from my observations and experience. I recently put black xd hoss wheels on my truck (9 wide wheel instead of the stock 8.5) and a few days later was already pricing different tires because the lowered quality of the ride.

I personally would wait until the tread you have now is low and buy the tires and wheels at the same time if you want to go biger on the wheel size. If not, new tires and plasitdip is prob your cheapes option.
    2011 Silverado 1500 TX Edition 5.3L V8

Definitely go with the tires first. The lift looks great. Bigger tires will really set it off. Rims can wait, but them I'm a fan of stock rims anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    The lift looks good! If I were you, I would definitely go for some black wheels. I'm not a fan of 2-tone trucks. Your mirrors, brush guard and side steps are all black so some black wheels would be fitting.
    I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that your mirrors, sweep secure and side steps are all black so some black tires would be suitable.

Throw some Toyo AT2's on that bitch. IMO blk on blk is clean.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Get a more aggressive and bigger set of tires to match the height of your rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by