GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree, Im still stuck on the grounds, especially after the mechanics report.
    Are the new valve coverrs properly grounded, the hold down fasteners didnt have insulators or excess gasket material stopping them from grounding did they?
    Ive seen issues similiar to this due to inadequate grounds on the coils.

Master Mechanic

To my knowledge no there wasn't any insulation, just metal on metal, but then again I haven't been under the hood of my truck in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Well another day goes by without the truck. Hate that I have to call each day to find out the status
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Master Mechanic

Almost after two weeks I am now leaving to get the truck back. Here something in the wiring harness to the packs got messed up. Just glad to be able to drive it again. Hope I don't pass out when I see price

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

dying to find out what was wrong.... and see the price tag lol
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Jaele View Post
    dying to find out what was wrong.... and see the price tag lol
    He said the coil pack sub harness was messed up and needed to be replaced. Price tag was 633.99, that was after complaining about the time it took. That was two thirds the price he would've charged. Said it took 7 hours. Needless to say the garage took advantage of me, royally.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oooh that sucks!!! But look at it this way, at least he found it and got it running. The Chevy dealer would have charged at least $1,000 if not more, fancy tools don't make a better mechanic IMO.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Oooh that sucks!!! But look at it this way, at least he found it and got it running. The Chevy dealer would have charged at least $1,000 if not more, fancy tools don't make a better mechanic IMO.
    I don't know, I was thinking it would've been cheaper. The day before he finished the job I called Apple Chevrolet up to check about them taking on the project and they said that the wiring harness was most likely the problem and would be the first thing they replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12