GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default On a Road Trip to Florida - From DFW to PENSACOLA

just packed up the traverse, and we're on our way to the beach is a Florida.

actually we left earlier today, and right now we're outside of Alexandria Louisiana. got to spend the day tomorrow in New Orleans, and then off to the beaches of North Florida on Saturday.

right now getting nearly 22 miles per gallon, averaging 75 miles per hour cruise control.

We're headed here for a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navy-lodge-pensacola.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	53679
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 07-18-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

2. Likes McClintoc liked this post
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

And you did not stop up in NNJ??? Bummer have a safe and fun trip... Post pics...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Gonna visit Christopher (Crawdaddy) and Charlie (Phoebeisis) on your way through Nola?

What's NNJ?

Yeah, about that. We're on a very tight timeline on the way out there, going to visit my parents in their RV in Hammond tomorrow and then look around tomorrow and head to Florida on Saturday AM.

Safe travels to you and enjoy your trip!
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Just going into Baton Rouge right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what's going on down on i10 but we got routed on lobdell Highway as an i10 incident alternative route.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

nnj=North= jersey6 -`b`a`y!!

The roads are pretty good down here actually. We drove i20 out of dfw into Shreveport (stopping in Marshall Texas for dinner) and stayed the night in Pineville LA at a really very nice hotel called the Country Inn and Suites. That is a 2.5 star hotel and is by far the best one of that caliber that I've ever stayed at.

Right now we are stopped at the McDonald's on i10 between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. So far we have driven 514 miles and have used 24.2 gallons of gasoline so that makes (including the few times that we've speed for bathroom breaks, snacks and such) a total of 21.2 miles per gallon with an average speed of 53.2 miles per hour.

I think we have half of the insects from the state of louisanna on the front facia and grill.

If your're going to Hammond, LA, be sure to say HI to some History's Swamp People!

Catch a big gator (whooooooo!!) while you're there, too! :D
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

actually went around Hammond. My folks are traveling around and they're staying in Hammond right now, and we met them in Downtown NO. We actually pulled into town and drove around looking for a place to park, they texted us where they were at and we drove there and met them.

NOLA is a nice enough city, but not really my cup of tea. I'm a go camping and get away from it all type of guy, maybe when i was 21 I would have liked in down there.

So, we're in Slidell, LA tonight and we'll be a short drive tomorrow AM to get to Pensacola.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by