GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Captiva's sprouting everywhere

    Guys, I'm seeing them left and right nowadays! I think GM is sitting on a cash mine! And the smart ones likes us are seeing the value in buying them! I'm a big fan of owner's forum's and there's very little (for now) Captiva Sport online traffic... Hopefully more owner's will come on board and we can really make a great resource here!

  2. #2

    Default

    What the heck are these Captivas? Other than the threads here, I've never seen or heard of them. Are they replacing the Equinox or something?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

  3. #3

    Default

    From what I've heard, the Saturn Vue was made in a Mexico assembly plant. When Saturn tanked (which was the biggest dumbass decision GM ever made to close them) that was it. Then GM decided to bring that last generation Vue back with some modern touches and a Chevy badge as the Captiva Sport. Overseas, the Captiva is a regular production model you can buy....her in USA....it's fleet only....but I think you can buy a real one in Canada.....Needless to say, it's a great car for the price. Chevy is making them for rental use, so the other CUV's and SUV's in GM's fleet aren't used for rental use...and no large depreciation because of that.... All I know is my wife got a 2012 with 25k miles, 2 year warranty and all the toys for 19K... that's too good a deal to pass up!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post
    From what I've heard, the Saturn Vue was made in a Mexico assembly plant. When Saturn tanked (which was the biggest dumbass decision GM ever made to close them) that was it. Then GM decided to bring that last generation Vue back with some modern touches and a Chevy badge as the Captiva Sport. Overseas, the Captiva is a regular production model you can buy....her in USA....it's fleet only....but I think you can buy a real one in Canada.....Needless to say, it's a great car for the price. Chevy is making them for rental use, so the other CUV's and SUV's in GM's fleet aren't used for rental use...and no large depreciation because of that.... All I know is my wife got a 2012 with 25k miles, 2 year warranty and all the toys for 19K... that's too good a deal to pass up!
    The reason they don't sell the Captiva here in the US as to not give the Equinox a rental car reputation.

    I for one would rather buy an Equinox as the interior is more upscale, and you get MyLink over the functional but ugly GM radio.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  5. #5

    Default

    They're everywhere now because we recycle our rental fleet every 1.5-2 years.

    You will see a ton of owners out there soon. Whether they are the crowd that will join a forum will be another question.
    Charles 02 z71 Cladded Avy
    Mods: eBay k&n Intake, highflow magnaflow cats & y pipe, 6" FabTech lift, 35" Pro Comps, Superchips #2715, SnugTop, 4.56's, MOOG front end
    Wishes: LQ4 + a beefed up 4L60E

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post
    When Saturn tanked (which was the biggest dumbass decision GM ever made to close them) that was it.
    I read an article several years ago that said, year over year, Saturn NEVER turned a profit, which is why, in the down economy, it was in GM's best interest to close it. Why Saturn hung on as long it did is beyond me; GM should have closed it long ago. Axe the brands that don't sell and put your time/efforts into improving the brands that do sell. On a side note, I wish Pontiac was still around. :(

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinson33 View Post
    They're everywhere now because we recycle our rental fleet every 1.5-2 years.

    You will see a ton of owners out there soon. Whether they are the crowd that will join a forum will be another question.
    Sure hope so... a larger knowlede base is always good. Do a search for specific parts for the Captiva Sport and it comes up quite thin...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The reason they don't sell the Captiva here in the US as to not give the Equinox a rental car reputation.

    I for one would rather buy an Equinox as the interior is more upscale, and you get MyLink over the functional but ugly GM radio.
    Maybe better, but more $$. That's the main reason we bought it, the price/looks/features/warranty were good enough that it stood out. Originally she was looking for a CRV...those just don't have all the power & ammenities that this one does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I read an article several years ago that said, year over year, Saturn NEVER turned a profit, which is why, in the down economy, it was in GM's best interest to close it. Why Saturn hung on as long it did is beyond me; GM should have closed it long ago. Axe the brands that don't sell and put your time/efforts into improving the brands that do sell. On a side note, I wish Pontiac was still around. :(
    They let the original SC and SL coupe and sedan fall farther and farther behind the competition... by the time they were Ion's they were horrible! The Aura and the Vue and the Outlook were great cars...but too little, too like the rest of the GM fleet and too late....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •