GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What is your prefered tailpipe look?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock/Single rear pipe

5 11.63%
  • Side pipes - out the side before the rear axle

5 11.63%
  • Dual straight pipes out the rear

15 34.88%
  • Dual angled pipes out the rear

12 27.91%
  • None - tailpipe delete

2 4.65%
  • Other - explain

4 9.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Good timing for this question, I just changed mine from straight out the back to side exit before the rear tire! No real preference either way, just wanted to change it up.
    Did you do both pipes out of one side or a pipe out each side before the tires??
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    Did you do both pipes out of one side or a pipe out each side before the tires??
    It's the Gibson Supertruck system, single in dual out, both pipes exit on the passenger side.My original system (straight out the back) rusted through and Gibson were good enough to give me a warranty upgrade to full stainless. I posted about it in my "truck changes" thread.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-changes/page5
    Adam

On my 2008 Silverado I had a catback dual exhaust with slash cut chrome exhaust tips coming straight out of the back under the bumper.

My 2013 has the side exhaust exit with the bowtie emblem chrome exhaust tip.

I perfer the first, but the second looks good too.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

i had d/o the rear and i liked it until the exhaust moved and made it look like one side drop. I prefer to run either turn downs after the axel or before the axel depending on what i use the vechial for and i think it looks cleaner

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

I love the factory exhaust because of its corrosion resistance and it still looks great. I will likely keep the factory set up until I replace my cats that are close to dead, but need to find a stainless exhaust that will last like the factory one. The exhaust is duel out of the engine until the muffler then its single.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

For me it depends on the vehicle. On my yukon xl I like the factory exit. Chances are if I ever do exhaust on it I will just duplicate the duel in duel out muffler and tail pipe setup. That is of course unless I come into some unexpected cash and do a Corsa system. Even then I would do the behind the passenger rear tire exit like oem. On my 95 I had them straight out of the rear with chrome tips on each side of the hitch.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I really think it depends on the vehicle and its intended use.
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-- Lt Col. D.Grossman. On Combat

I prefer my exhaust to exit out the side in front of the rear tires.
    Chuckie!!!

I like the dual tailpipes. The most impressive one I've seen so far are the 2013 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum trim.

Im a Dual straight out the rear myself. Tips are fine but one of my pet peeves is MAKE SURE THEY ARE EVENLY MOUNTED!!! I dont know how many times I see one a little closer to center or one is dropped lower than the other. Kinda drives me nuts..should be a rule IMO. I also realize that getting the mounting perfect can sometimes be a PITA.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast