GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Leveling kit Tire and Wheel Recommendations.

Hey everyone, new member as well as truck owner.
    Here shortly i'll be adding a 2" leveling kit to my 2010 chevy silverado. It's 2wd if that matters. And i was wondering what tire and wheel combos would look good with my dark blue chevy.
    I've been looking and it says I'll be able to run 33 inch tires and 285/70/17. I'm not sure if this is correct. I don't want my tires to rub though!
    If anyone has any experience with this it would really be appreciated! And pictures would be helpful!!

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Zac72497 View Post
    Hey everyone, new member as well as truck owner.
    Here shortly i'll be adding a 2" leveling kit to my 2010 chevy silverado. It's 2wd if that matters. And i was wondering what tire and wheel combos would look good with my dark blue chevy.
    I've been looking and it says I'll be able to run 33 inch tires and 285/70/17. I'm not sure if this is correct. I don't want my tires to rub though!

If anyone has any experience with this it would really be appreciated! And pictures would be helpful!!
    \\

Welcome to the club! I will be honest I have no experience with larger wheels or tires as I only use stock sizes but take a look at the Ultra Badlands. They are a great priced wheel, offered in many of sizes, and in both black and polished aluminum. I have them on my 2003 blue/silver silverado. Also the Hankook Dynapro ATM's are a great priced all terrain/ light mud tire. Hope this helps man and best of luck.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Thanks man, I'll look into those Badlands and Dynapro. They look really good on your truck, maybe they'll look good on mine too!

With your color, chrome/polished would look great. I fit a 295/70r17 with just a level kit and thought it looked good for just a level. There are many different degrees of "rub" are you not wanting the tires to rub period or just not rub after some plastic triming or not rubbing after hacking into metal?

________2013 4C Rated__________

Well I wouldn't mind cutting out the plastic in the fender wells. But no metal.
    What size wheels do you have on it?

I was running stock 17's with the level kit. I would think a +18 with 33's would be a good setup and would just have to trim some plastic. -0 offset would bring it out a little more, but might get into heavier trimming.

Here is levled on 295's

I have a 2010 as well. You can definitely fit 33" tires with a level kit with no problem. I kept stock rims but have 275/70/18's and there is no rubbing and no trimming needed. The 285/70/17 are just a little wider and about 1/2" shorter so you can run those with no problem as well. Here's pic of my Z71 on Toyo AT2's on 2 1/2" level in front and 3" block in back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck pic1.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	53760

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ajarman - those 295's - are they on 17 or 18" rims ? I was just wondering to see how tall they were and still fit with just level kit. the 17" would be 33.62 but the 18's measure in at 34.5. I didn't know it was possible to fit tires that large with just level kit. Def looks good either way

Cain73, those were 17's.