GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Alternator

Default Alternator

I have a 1997 chevy c1500 with a 5.7 L n a 105A alternator n since i got my ac fixed n i hav a sound system in my truck my battery has died on me twice n i know it not the battery that bad or the alternator. So i was wonder would upgrading the alternator to a bigger one will help me solve this problem. If so how hard would ot be to do this change n what would be one that i can put in n not mess anything up?

Bring your Alternator to be tested same with you battery. Autozone tests them for free.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Did that already they are both still good. Thats y im confused as to my battery was dead the other day

Is the alternator charging the battery properly. Also its a good idea in this situation to check all your grounds and power cables. Was the truck dead after sitting over night or just after a few hours.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

i am not sure most likely charging poorly and all of my grounds are good and i was driving around with my system bumping and it was at night so i had the head lights on turned off the truck and went into a store for maybe like 45min and when i came back it wouldnt start all i heard was a click