GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 92 Water leaking in on the left side of the truck

The driver side floor of my truck always had an inch of water whenever it rained.

I sealed the vent hole behind the left kick panel, but there is still water leaking in. I sprayed the wind shield with garden hose, but didn't notice any leaks.

I'm thinking about taking the truck to a car wash, and see if I can spot the problem. Would you guys be able to give me some suggestions on where it might leak?

(My truck is a 1992 S-10 Chevy with a 4.3 engine.)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ezzieleach View Post
    The driver side floor of my truck always had an inch of water whenever it rained.

I sealed the vent hole behind the left kick panel, but there is still water leaking in. I sprayed the wind shield with garden hose, but didn't notice any leaks.

I'm thinking about taking the truck to a car wash, and see if I can spot the problem. Would you guys be able to give me some suggestions on where it might leak?

(My truck is a 1992 S-10 Chevy with a 4.3 engine.)

Thank you!
    On the obs fullsize trucks, the problem comes from under the cowl under the windshield on the outside. Something about screws down there leatting water in. MAybe try that?

Quote Originally Posted by 95C1500 View Post
    On the obs fullsize trucks, the problem comes from under the cowl under the windshield on the outside. Something about screws down there leatting water in. MAybe try that?
    Yes, on the full size trucks there was an issue with water traveling down the screws that hold the cowl in place. It was an easy fix. Just remove the screws, coat the threads in silicon and reinstall. You might want to check that the drain ports that drain the area under the cowl are open. If you pull the cowl off, you will see a line of caulk type material where the cab and firewall join together. Occasionally, the sealant in that area fails and leaks. Also, Does it have a sunroof?
    Last edited by Pikey; 08-02-2013 at 09:28 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Do you have a cargo light? Is the gasket around the light intact? My 92 C1500 leaked there and the driver side floor would get wet when it rained...
    See The USA In A Chevrolet,
    Or Buy A Ford And Stay At Home!!