GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Aftermarket Rear Bumpers for 2001 1500 4x4?

Hello, this is my first post here other than my intro.

Just bought a 2001 1500 Suburban LT 4x4 with 136k on it. The 5.3 of course. I've already done the needed maintenance such as tranny fluid change with new deep pan/filter, brakes and rotors all the way around, u-joints, new deep cell battery, plugs/wire ect. I will be doing a 6" lift, wheels and rubber, full exhaust, engine rebuild or crate swap and a body work and paint job. Give me 12 months and it will be all done.

But I've been looking for aftermarket rear bumpers and I'm having zero luck finding any. I want the double tube style bumper but will consider other types, but I want the stock gone. I can find nothing for tubed bumpers and even other types are hard to come by for this year. Can only find stock replacements. Current stock rear is in good condition, needs a polishing but has one small dent, hoping to find a buyer for it once I get a replacement.

Need any info on rear tube style bumpers or non-stock style rears. I could live with chrome, SS or black so color is not an issue. I just can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

are you looking for something like a ranchhand? Or have you considered a roll pan?

I have looked at them. I believe there is only one rear bumper from ranchhand that fits on a 2001 burb. The more I look at it the more I like it but I'm still looking. For around 500 bucks it's not a bad deal.

Please explain the rollpan option as I'm new to the 4x4 arena.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ranch_Hand_Bumper_Legend_rear_bumper_chevy_2500___88381.1358044092.1280.1280.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	53740

This is a roll pan. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0 Some people weld them in for a seamless look. some leave as is. It basically delete the rear bumper for a cleaner look.

Thanks. I should of known what that is, a buddy of mine deleted his bumper on his Dodge pickup. I like the look but then it leaves no protection. I guess once lifted 6" there is not much to protect from most times.
    If the pan and install is priced right and the cost of a class IV hitch together with rollpan is under 500 it will be an option I will consider.

I've never been a fan of them. Just throwing it out there for ya!

After some research I won't be going the roll pan route. MN and WI laws are fuzzy on bumpers and it seems roll pan autos violate the laws in both states to some degree. I'm assuming bumper height and in MN roll pans are outright illegal as a aftermarket piece in most cases. Whether true or not I don't think I would like the look with the hitch exposed and I'd rather my bumper take a hit than my frame and body. I'd like the look on a low rider or sport truck meant for speed but I've only seen a very few lifted trucks with roll pans and it looks just too exposed to me.

So, so far it's only the ranchhand.

If someone finds something for a 2001 burb let me know. Seems the double tube style I was looking for is only for 97 and under. Don't know what would be so different back there compared to my year but obviously there is. And most other designs are for 07 and newer. Seems the 2000-2006 burbs got screwed on a few things.

people have put nbs bumpers on an obs by modifying the brackets. I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around if you found that double tube style bumper and have the knowledge to do it.

Just my opinion, but the ranchhand is horribly fuggly. Far, far worse than stock. If you want tubes, go to a local welding shop. I'm sure they could whip one up no prob.

'01 K2500 496 big block It's here! It's here! It's finally here!

I can't disagree with you. I'm having a hard time getting past the diamond tread look or whatever it's called. Being I don't need it done now and we are moving back to MN in a few weeks after my engine rebuild, and near where we will live is a 4x4 specialty shop that does everything I will keep my hopes up they can do something for me.