GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2-Inch Rough Country Leveling Kit ~ 2008 Silverado

I bought my 2008 Silverado 1500 about a year and a half ago. one of the first things I did was purchase a RC leveling kit.

Well it came with a 1" spacer for both sides and I had to cut down the bolts on the struts that attach to the body then take the left strut and face it back words and put it on the right side of the truck and vise versa, all via the instructions.

I called rough country during install to make sure I wasn't crazy and they reassured me I was not. Am I crazy for actually doing it?

Also my truck does not sit level. The only reason I have not called and complained to them is cause I'm going to lift it soon. Will what I did effect my lifting it?
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 07-28-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: add in paragraph breaks and moved it to the Silverado Thread.

2. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post

I have the same kit...i love it!...it only took me an hour to do and i swapped the grade 5 stuff they give you with grade 8 stuff

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    I bought my 2008 Silverado 1500 about a year and a half ago. one of the first things I did was purchase a RC leveling kit. Well it came with a 1" spacer for both sides and I had to cut down the bolts on the struts that attach to the body then take the left strut and face it back words and put it on the right side of the truck and vise versa, all via the instructions. I called rough country during install to make sure I wasn't crazy and they reassured me I was not. Am I crazy for actually doing it? Also my truck does not sit level. The only reason I have not called and complained to them is cause I'm going to lift it soon. Will what I did effect my lifting it?
    I personally do not like leveling kits for trucks. The vehicle sits the way it does by design. What those spacers do is change the suspension geometry. I've seen trucks that are "leveled", and to tell you the truth, I can't really tell.

If you care about your truck, don't put a leveling kit on it.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I personally do not like leveling kits for trucks. The vehicle sits the way it does by design. What those spacers do is change the suspension geometry. I've seen trucks that are "leveled", and to tell you the truth, I can't really tell.

What does that mean exactly?...so i have a leveling kit on my truck and that means i dont care about my truck?...first off i live in Northern Iowa and that means snow ALOT of snow...second i hunt and go thru fields to pick up deer/quicker path,etc...i LOVE my truck and never ever abuse it...i just want that extra height on the front of my truck when i need it without jacking my truck up 6 to 8 inches...so actually that means i take care of my truck and i dont want to rip my front bumper off with a snow drift...with these newer kits it actually doesnt effect as much as you think,yes you have to get an alignment afterwards but it doesnt effect it THAT much...they put the stance on the truck for better fuel economy and when pulling a trailer it wont "squat" the back as much(not a fact,just stating my opinon)...that post actually made me mad alittle bit...well time for another brewski i guess

Wow haha heated topic. I almost feel like I asked about a ricer. Anyway I'm glad you love yours man. I have no issues other then I'm afraid it'll pose a problem with the lift in the future.

7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Its been a looong day...anyway i dont really see it causing a issue in the long run...and i never had to switch struts around...instructions never said anything about that

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post

Thanks for the laugh!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Does anyone agree with what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Does anyone agree with what I said?
    I guess you can toss me in the group that does not care about their trucks.....

Leveling kits under 2.5" will not cause any harm. Once you get into the 3" kits you are putting your TRE's and BJ's in a bind.

PS: I heard once from a wise old man if you care about your truck you wont put a canned tune on your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I guess you can toss me in the group that does not care about their trucks.....

Leveling kits under 2.5" will not cause any harm. Once you get into the 3" kits you are putting your TRE's and BJ's in a bind.

PS: I heard once from a wise old man if you care about your truck you wont put a canned tune on your truck.
    Thats funny,i heard the same thing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by