GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Not to totally get off topic or anything, but chevyboy2009 is your truck 59U? I have been searching for a silver birtch 1500 that has a color matched grill from the factory.

________2013 4C Rated__________

pretty sure it is...im at work right now tho...mine has the exterior plus package from factory so color matched everything pretty much...i can check tonight for sure...i think its called fine silver birch metallic

- - - Updated - - -

here is a pic before i painted my bowtie and leveling kit...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randompics031.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	53798

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Thanks! I will be ordering it IF it is the same color. wonder if they changed colors slightly?

From 2008 to 2009?...i doubt it,but what do i know tho

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Thanks for the laugh!
    I don't know what's funny about unevenly worn tires, accelerated wear on ball joints and CVs.

I look at it this way, someone that knows a heck of a lot more about suspension geometry than you or I do designed the truck. I don't think a $65 kit is going to maintain 100% proper suspension geometry.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you can toss me in the group that does not care about their trucks.....

Leveling kits under 2.5" will not cause any harm. Once you get into the 3" kits you are putting your TRE's and BJ's in a bind.

PS: I heard once from a wise old man if you care about your truck you wont put a canned tune on your truck.
    I actually deactivated the performance tune from the Hypertech as the fuel economy was worse by almost 1.5MPGs. The power was better, but I don't race the truck. The only part of the tune I use is to up the 90MPH top end limiter.

I guess a better solution is to find a dude with a laptop and an OBD-II cable to go in and start changing settings in the ECU.

People can put whatever they want on their trucks, I was just expressing my opinion. Remember @kgauk did ask for opinions and I gave it to him. If my opinion offends you, then you are 100% free to ignore it.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

For someone that is so against modifying the suspension of a truck but has a "canned" tune is quite comical.

I promise you that my lifted truck with level kit rides a heck of a lot better than your stock hight truck. I would only assume that you have never owned a leveled/lifted vehicle so you are only speculating on the premature wear of BJ's and tires. With a good alignment there will be no unusual tread wear and as long as you keep your angles in check I would be able to rest easy at night know that my BJ's will wear out at 150k miles rather than 175K.

Oh and by the way....you dont have to "off road" your truck to justify a lift kit. All that matters is chicks dig it!

For someone that is so against modifying the suspension of a truck but has a "canned" tune is quite comical.

I promise you that my lifted truck with level kit rides a heck of a lot better than your stock hight truck. I would only assume that you have never owned a leveled/lifted vehicle so you are only speculating on the premature wear of BJ's and tires. With a good alignment there will be no unusual tread wear and as long as you keep your angles in check I would be able to rest easy at night know that my BJ's will wear out at 150k miles rather than 175K.

Oh and by the way....you dont have to "off road" your truck to justify a lift kit. All that matters is chicks dig it!
    So you "promise" me, how are you going to prove that it rides better, and "you just know" isn't good enough?

Once again the OP asked for my opinion and I gave it, feel free to do to your truck whatever you want.

Come on out to north cacalacky and I will make you a believer.

My truck rides amazing after my leveling kit install!...ive got quite abit of looks after i put it on also...i dont think id ever put a tune on my gas truck,my last truck was a dmax and heck ya i had one on there!...ya its your opinion about a lift/leveling but dont EVER tell me i dont care about my truck just because i put a leveling kit on it

I actually use my truck for what a truck is used for...but i dont beat the hell out of it. I pull my camper,take the boat to the lake,throw dead deer in the back with blood pouring out the bed of truck.I like it leveled so i can do more stuff with it...like "bigger" drifts that you need to go thru,take it thru fields,go arcoss creeks,etc.My last truck had a full RC leveling kit on it for 30k or so,no uneven worn tires,no issues,etc.Going past 2.5" is whats going to start messing stuff up.But then again

11. Thanks kgauck thanked for this post