GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

You USE your truck and ITS leveled?? Unreal...don't believe. How often you replacing BJ's and how badly cupped are your tires, Chevyboy?

By the way I ran a level kit for 60,000+ miles and going on 35,000 with lift and small level with zero suspension issues and even wearing mud tires.

________2013 4C Rated__________

2. Thanks silverhobey thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    You USE your truck and ITS leveled?? Unreal...don't believe. How often you replacing BJ's and how badly cupped are your tires, Chevyboy?

By the way I ran a level kit for 60,000+ miles and going on 35,000 with lift and small level with zero suspension issues and even wearing mud tires.

My BJ's are just fine and ive got no cupping on my tires!...shes rides smooth!...they gave me a print out of my alignment after i got the leveling kit put on and to be honest,it really didnt change that much

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

My BJ's are all jacked up though I've had the leveling kit on for about 20k and I did get an allignment the day i put the kit on. believe it or not they asked me why I brought it in for one cause i didn't need it. However my driver side upper ball joint went bad about a week after i put the kit on. I bout the assembly from the parts stor and replaced both sides. but my left on has still been popping and i keep putting grease in the boot :/ the control arm and bj have a life time warranty so i'm going to take the driver side back and put a new one on. but What I got fro this argument is that it might be caused but the kit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I don't know what's funny about unevenly worn tires, accelerated wear on ball joints and CVs.

I look at it this way, someone that knows a heck of a lot more about suspension geometry than you or I do designed the truck. I don't think a $65 kit is going to maintain 100% proper suspension geometry.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually deactivated the performance tune from the Hypertech as the fuel economy was worse by almost 1.5MPGs. The power was better, but I don't race the truck. The only part of the tune I use is to up the 90MPH top end limiter.

I guess a better solution is to find a dude with a laptop and an OBD-II cable to go in and start changing settings in the ECU.

People can put whatever they want on their trucks, I was just expressing my opinion. Remember @kgauk did ask for opinions and I gave it to him. If my opinion offends you, then you are 100% free to ignore it.
    agree...if people don't want opinions, don't read them !!!have a Grand Day...Brian from Canada
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    My truck rides amazing after my leveling kit install!...ive got quite abit of looks after i put it on also...i dont think id ever put a tune on my gas truck,my last truck was a dmax and heck ya i had one on there!...ya its your opinion about a lift/leveling but dont EVER tell me i dont care about my truck just because i put a leveling kit on it
    So the 2" leveling kit transformed your truck from average to "looker"?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Hi how ya guys doing? Remember me? Yeah I joined this forum to get answers to questions I had and to hopfully help other people with questions they might, not to debate with other people about who cares about their trucks more. I do appreciate the opinions, however you guys are acting like children.

My opinion is that the kit DID NOT cause your issues...you might have had an issue before and ths brought it out!...with this kit you have to take some stuff aprt to put it on...maybe you/they didnt put it back together properly??...and now your seeing signs of that issue

Im not trying to start an arguement here...so am tired of people telling me that leveling kits are terrible!!! And yes now my truck dont look like every stock truck running down the road. So yes its more of a "looker" i think. The pic i have for my avator is when i first got it,ill change it now so you can look at the change

- - - Updated - - -

see the difference now??????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random pics 033.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	53806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family 154.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	53807

All I see is some busted bj's.

I am guessing this dude is giving opinions on something he has never done. Maybe the saying; dont knock it till you try it applys?

I leveled my truck over a year ago. I have had zero issues.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

11. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

How goes this investigation to determine the issues you're having?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    What does that mean exactly?...so i have a leveling kit on my truck and that means i dont care about my truck?...first off i live in Northern Iowa and that means snow ALOT of snow...second i hunt and go thru fields to pick up deer/quicker path,etc...i LOVE my truck and never ever abuse it...i just want that extra height on the front of my truck when i need it without jacking my truck up 6 to 8 inches...so actually that means i take care of my truck and i dont want to rip my front bumper off with a snow drift...with these newer kits it actually doesnt effect as much as you think,yes you have to get an alignment afterwards but it doesnt effect it THAT much...they put the stance on the truck for better fuel economy and when pulling a trailer it wont "squat" the back as much(not a fact,just stating my opinon)...that post actually made me mad alittle bit...well time for another brewski i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    Wow haha heated topic. I almost feel like I asked about a ricer. Anyway I'm glad you love yours man. I have no issues other then I'm afraid it'll pose a problem with the lift in the future.
    I've said it before and will say it again and others have said it with me, it's your truck and do with it what you want. Some aftermarket products deliver as advertised, and some do not. Do your research and take other people's input ... but in the end you have to live with it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.