GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

the dealership has the fluid in stock standard item. you may need to have the transfercase repaired . try the fluid change first. need about 3 qts.

caliper should be able to slide when you push back the caliper piston with a C clamp so the pads are back from the rotor. the pads should not be held too tightly as binding pads will cause pre mature wear/failure. good luck

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    the dealership has the fluid in stock standard item. you may need to have the transfercase repaired . try the fluid change first. need about 3 qts.

caliper should be able to slide when you push back the caliper piston with a C clamp so the pads are back from the rotor. the pads should not be held too tightly as binding pads will cause pre mature wear/failure. good luck

Sunds good. I'm checking with local dealers to try to get it. The last time I had the pads/calipers off, the cpistons moved pretty easy. Based on the excessive wear of the passenger side pad, I'm going to go ahead and replace the fronts and maybe the rear before the end of the summer. I have to get the truck back into normal driving condition. The last time I tried out the 4 wheel drive it shifted pretty easy, so I'm hoping its just a fluid change. The minimal gear oil in the front diff could play a role in the noise as well, right? My plan is to do flues now, and swap the front pads out as well.

1999 Silverado 1500 LS Ext Cab Z71 5.3L
    6" Rough Country NTD Suspension lift kit, 16" Vision Warrior wheels, 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, Cat-back dual exhaust, CAI, chrome step rails, auxiliary off-road lights. More to follow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12