GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Look like you answered your own question
    Actually, I don't care what the chicks think. I don't need my truck for that. I'm doing this because I like it!

Curious why everyone is going to larger 20" rims. I kinda like the 18's I have now. Will have to check selection.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Typical forum stuff, someone asks for an opinion, someone else does not like it, and they want to argue it until the end of time.

I don't care if someone puts a 72" lift or wants to use leveling kits on every vehicle they own. They can do what they want.

The OP asked for an opinion so I gave it to them. If the OP does not like my opinion, they are free to ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by XS ive View Post
    Actually, I don't care what the chicks think. I don't need my truck for that. I'm doing this because I like it!
    Oh, tough crowd, tough crowd...

It was a joke, ya'll need to lighten up!
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

supercharge the old one and good to go lol

It's all good.

Charlie
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    GM rear wheel liners

LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

engine swap it. throw a dirty max in the truck you have now!!!!!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by XS ive View Post

Curious why everyone is going to larger 20" rims. I kinda like the 18's I have now. Will have to check selection.
    On the 2014 Silverado 2500HD (LTZ package) there are 2 rims, an 18" and a 20". According to the owners manual, the 18s or 20s make no bearing on the tow rating.

Since you asked for our opinions, my opinion is to leave the truck as stock as possible if you are going to use it for heavy towing.

If you decide to put a huge lift, huge tires, leveling kit, etc., that's your decision.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, I was not offended in any way, and I am a huge Rodney Dangerfield fan. I love his movies.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    engine swap it. throw a dirty max in the truck you have now!!!!!

Alex
    It was considered.... as was a 6.0 gas motor/tranny combofrom a crate.... Just not feasible for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The truck will be used for towing, not necessarily heavy towing. Yes, I asked for opinions and leaving it stock is a consideration, I just like lifted and unique trucks. I'm sure the 6.6/Allison with 35" or even 37.5" tires won't know my 7500lb max weight tandem V-Nose trailer, usually totally loaded to a max of about 5500lbs, is even behind it. The 1500/5.3l/3.73s seemed to do too much work in the mountains for my liking which is why I am upgrading.

Charlie
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    GM rear wheel liners

Lift it! Only reason is so many people will suggest 20's is to clear the upper control arms. I was not able to run as wide of a tire as I would have liked with a 17 with -0 offset. Went to a 20 and takes the suspension out of the equation. Also, some lift company's suggest 20's with their kits.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I am vary happy with my suspension upgrades... I went with read lift... I installed their UCA kit' leveling kit and shocks. I gained two inches all the way around... and rides and handles way better than stock.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

This sounds like a great project, please keep us updated!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast