GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Has all the info on the 14 2500 come out yet. I almost bought a 2013 last week but my fleet sales men talked me into waiting. So now I'm anxiously waiting
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

HELP !!!

Here's where I am at. I should have my new 2014 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ fully loaded way too much stuff XS ive2 truck this week. I finally decided on aftermarket wheels/tires for the truck after scouring through them. It was kinda of a pain with the 8x180 lug pattern and proper 4.5 backspacing. I went with 18" because I like the look of more rubber than rim. I thought I was set on the lift being a Rough Country 7.5" as my shop just did one on a 2013 3500HD CC and it looks sweet with the 35" tires. The RCX lift retains stock tracking, has all the brackets to reattach brake lines etc., and I think it just looks like they did research and covered all the bases... on the 2013 models.

However.....

My 4x4 shop is not sure if the 2014's underwent and suspension changes. He has been on the phone with several suspension companies and none have done a 14 yet. He called my Chevy dealer (who is onboard with the project and also worked with him before) and spoke with a parts tech who said most the oem suspension part numbers that will be swapped out are different from years 13-14. My 4x4 shop will NOT touch my $$$ truck unless he is certain there are no surprises and continues to search for answers. Does anyone know definatively if there are suspension changes from the 13-14 model years? The 2014 2500HD has the same body style as the 2013(if there are changes they are subtle), and the interior is pretty much the same my 2008 LTZ.
    Thanks in advance.
    Charlie

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Well, here is what I have found:

FabTech and Cognito haven't gotten back to me yet.
    ProComp says no changes.
    Rough country says there are changes and they are redesigning kit.
    BDS said thier 6.5 kit will fit the 2014 2500HD. They stated they have contacted GM will stand behind it.
    CST has offered a discount if I install their lift and send pics., being it's a 2014, but will not guarentee it fits.

At this time I am leaning towards the BDS or ProComp. I have a ProComp 6" on my 08 1500 and like the way it rides, though I'm sure that's an apples to oranges comparo. between a 1500/2500 series.
    BDS seems to stand behind product and customer service is pretty good.
    It looks as though I have time to decide because now I find my ProComp 6001 rims are backordered .
    So, anybody have pros/cons about BDS?

At any rate I will be picking up the truck tomorrow and hopefully towing my 7x14 mobile mancave enclosed MX trailer through the Poconos this weekend.
    Will either update this thread or start new one when the build begins.

What a weekend. Both my son and I did well with overall 5th place finishes, and it sure makes towing almost stress free when you can set the cruise control at 65 and forget about it. The 6.6/Allison purrs and didn't know the trailer was behind it, even up the longest grades on I80 in the Poconos. It never shifted out of OD and I averaged 13.9 mpg overall (on first tank of fuel with local driving and trip) hand calculated after the trip up into a head wind of about 15mph. I heard that the DIC lies and hand calculated to find it off by a mere .05mpg or so for the first tank. That overall average went to 14.9 coming back with a slight tailwind. I haven't refueled yet so I am relying on the DIC for the second tank. Not bad with a brand new truck. I am sure that the mpgs will increase as she breaks in.

The near future(next week) will find her on a BDS 6.5 lift, 20x9 Fuel Throttles with Nitto 35's. The guys at BDS are pretty awesome and seem to stand firmly behind the product, so I have no worries using it.
    The stock tires are only ~ 2.5" smaller so it will make my indicated speed at 65 actually 69. I don't think that will really phase the truck much at all and it will be well within it's happy torque place!
    More pictures soon! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0503.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	54023

Quote Originally Posted by XS ive View Post
    What a weekend. Both my son and I did well with overall 5th place finishes, and it sure makes towing almost stress free when you can set the cruise control at 65 and forget about it. The 6.6/Allison purrs and didn't know the trailer was behind it, even up the longest grades on I80 in the Poconos. It never shifted out of OD and I averaged 13.9 mpg overall (on first tank of fuel with local driving and trip) hand calculated after the trip up into a head wind of about 15mph. I heard that the DIC lies and hand calculated to find it off by a mere .05mpg or so for the first tank. That overall average went to 14.9 coming back with a slight tailwind. I haven't refueled yet so I am relying on the DIC for the second tank. Not bad with a brand new truck. I am sure that the mpgs will increase as she breaks in.

The near future(next week) will find her on a BDS 6.5 lift, 20x9 Fuel Throttles with Nitto 35's. The guys at BDS are pretty awesome and seem to stand firmly behind the product, so I have no worries using it.
    The stock tires are only ~ 2.5" smaller so it will make my indicated speed at 65 actually 69. I don't think that will really phase the truck much at all and it will be well within it's happy torque place!
    More pictures soon! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0503.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	54023
    I am assuming the white truck on the left is your new 2014 2500HD? If yes, it's a sharp looking truck. I see you got the Z71 appearance package.

You do realize that with the lift and larger tires your truck's towing rating will drop?

2.5" height difference is a LOT, and it will throw off your shifts in the transmission. If you do insist on putting larger tires, get a module like a Diablo or Hypertech that allows you to change the tire height in the ECU. I bought my Hypertech for $300 on ebay so it's not a great expenditure of funds.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Yes, the 2500HD is on the left. Thank you, it does look sharp with the white nose.

The ECU will be adjusted for tire size at my dealer when the lift is done. I am not planning on going anywhere near the max towing capacity, or towing a 5th wheel, anytime in the near future. The tires are "E" rated which is well within my parameters. I can always go back to stock with a little effort if I decide to tow bigger in the future.

My 5.3l with 35's was towing my trailer without too much complaining until we hit the mountains so I'm sure the 6.6 won't mind at all when she's done.

Dropped her off today with 1,001 miles for her "altitude adjustment". there are a "few" parts to be put on....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0524.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	54130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0526.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	54131

As far as tires goes, check my garage for a quiet MT and "Great Appearance" and if you get Off-road, nuff said!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Can't wait to see it finished
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Here is the 2014 2500HD CCSB LTZ fully loaded Duramax/Allison BDS/Fuel/Nitto "enhanced" ride. She rides just as good, if not better than stock. It's going to be a long happy relationship!
    XS ive2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3480.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	54156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3474.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	54157