GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default American cars are getting better!

Consumer Reports has named it's #1 sedan. After roughly 20 years of Hondas and Toyotas taking the top spot, this year it's a domestic. And it's a Chevy!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs...cid=autos_4588
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I figured American car manufacturers would catch up eventually
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Master Mechanic

I actually saw that on my CNN app on my phone. I was really surprised, but it is a sharp looking car.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

It is indeed a great looking car. As I have mentioned before, I will be buying a new car around tax refund time next year. I briefly considered a new Impala and the Consumer Reports thumbs-up certainly made a great case for it. However, it just doesn't have the engine/drive train options I am looking for. I want a manula, RWD V-8. The Impala has either a 2.5L 4-cyl (on a full-sized sedan, wtf?) or a 3.6L V-6 and FWD. Blah. Still nice to see that American cars are improving, though.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    It is indeed a great looking car. As I have mentioned before, I will be buying a new car around tax refund time next year. I briefly considered a new Impala and the Consumer Reports thumbs-up certainly made a great case for it. However, it just doesn't have the engine/drive train options I am looking for. I want a manula, RWD V-8. The Impala has either a 2.5L 4-cyl (on a full-sized sedan, wtf?) or a 3.6L V-6 and FWD. Blah. Still nice to see that American cars are improving, though.
    The 2.5L is available for the Impala (it has 197HP), but most people will get the V6.

If you want a RWD V8 sedan with a manual transmission, your choices are limited.

Chevrolet SS
    Cadillac CTS-V
    BMW M5

There might be a few I'm missing, but the segment is pretty thin.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    If you want a RWD V8 sedan with a manual transmission, your choices are limited.

Chevrolet SS
    Cadillac CTS-V
    BMW M5

There might be a few I'm missing, but the segment is pretty thin.
    Yup, the SS and the CTS-V are at the top of my list but pricey. I may have to drop the rear doors and get a Camaro.

Yup, the SS and the CTS-V are at the top of my list but pricey. I may have to drop the rear doors and get a Camaro.
    I know the CTS-V is pricey, but has GM announced pricing on the new SS? I would bet it will be less than a CTS-V.

A Camaro with a V8 isn't going to be cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I know the CTS-V is pricey, but has GM announced pricing on the new SS? I would bet it will be less than a CTS-V.

A Camaro with a V8 isn't going to be cheap either.

I haven't seen anything official but what I have seen suggests it will be in the low to mid 40s which is half the price of a new CTS-V.

I am really looking at a pre-owned CTS-V for now. I know I can't afford a new one but there are some decently priced pre-owns out there.

I haven't seen anything official but what I have seen suggests it will be in the low to mid 40s which is half the price of a new CTS-V.

I am really looking at a pre-owned CTS-V for now. I know I can't afford a new one but there are some decently priced pre-owns out there.
    A loaded 2014 Impala runs ~$42K. You can get a well loaded CTS-V for $63K as GM is giving $5K cash back on the 2013 models.

My big thing about the 2013 CTS-V is that chicken wire looking upper and lower grill. IMO it looks horrible. Hopefully the 2014 CTS-V will have a much nicer looking front end.

I thought CTS-Vs were in the 80s?

Also, I love the mesh grilles so I'm good there.