GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission issues

I have a2007 2500 hd 6.0l chev extended cab 4x4. While on way home from fishing trans mission would not shift past 2nd gear.I disconnected battery cables for 10 minutes and worked fine all the way home.next time out same thing but my speedo n tach was all over the place disconnected batteries was good to go. there is the 6 speed transmission with the manual shift on shifter ,also the manual shift would not work while the trans was acting up????

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
    I have a2007 2500 hd 6.0l chev extended cab 4x4. While on way home from fishing trans mission would not shift past 2nd gear.I disconnected battery cables for 10 minutes and worked fine all the way home.next time out same thing but my speedo n tach was all over the place disconnected batteries was good to go. there is the 6 speed transmission with the manual shift on shifter ,also the manual shift would not work while the trans was acting up????
    with the speedometer not working the tranny would not shift . need speed data. not sure about the engine tach .. most likely an electrical issue .

Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
    Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care