GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 1971chevelle View Post
    Alot of the larger tires i have seen lately have both sizes on them somewhere. I had 33/12.5x17 on my burb at one point that cleared and handled awsome. Also with wider tires if you add a spacer to the rear so its the same width as the front it doesent follow rutts and dips in the road as bad.
    What would be the size I would need for my truck? I am interested in the 315/75/16's yeah the 285's I got on it now are ALMOST wide enough on the front but the back needs to stick out more for my tastes...

Quote Originally Posted by AnCap View Post
    What would you suggest for 1-2 taller and 1-2 wider...it seems the back tires don't stick out as much as the front ones even though they are all the same size. It looks like a big body builder with skinny legs...lol..

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously I am no mechanic here but I saw a pic of a truck with 265/75/16's on it and they were wider than my tires...is the lower the number the wider the tire or is it reverse of that?
    They stick out wider for traction. If the front was as narrow as the rear, the rear tires would be going through the same soft rut instead of having something to bite
    Chuckie!!!

If you have the clearance... I'd run the 33x12.5x ... they will be 1" wider on the tread width. Another thing...when you go above 33's the cost of tires go up significantly.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12