GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Steering wheel alingment

So I got into a small fender bender with a Dodge Stratus this afternoon that ****ed my steering alignment as you will see in a picture below. Really the accident was my fault because I couldn't see her as I pulled out and then bam she hit my driver front wheel and part of the fender, but its not fault the mall made the whole parking lot a giant blind spot with trees and bushes. Luckily it wasn't to hard and did little to no damage to her car, but it did dent mine and mess up the steering quite a bit.

I'm not sure what to do about it besides call my insurance and tell them even if the lady said she didn't want to get them involved. (she likely doesn't have any based on the condition of her car). Any options to fix the alignment without the $180 it costs to get it done professionally.

That is my steering wheel when the wheels are straight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222034_455.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	53828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222118_285.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	53829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222123_159.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	53830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130727_222129_259.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	53831

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

$180 for an alignmeatnt? You need to see a new guy. Mine was about $69. Either way, after my lift, my wheel was like that and the alignment fixed it

The 180 was an estimate because in CT the min labor rate is 90 an hour.

Dang, that's off by a ton.

You might want to check with your local code enforcement office, there are rules for where and how big trees and shrubs and line-of-sight obstacles can be placed, being a mall and a public place of business, not sure how that all works together. For instance, I lived in one Texas city and a neighbor who owned a corner-lot put some shrubs up to get some privacy. Problem is they put them too close to the 2-way stop sign and corner, this city said everything must be cut back to lower than 4 feet from the apex of the corner. If there was an accident there, they could be held responsible.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Getting the alignment on Tuesday and replacing the tie rods as well she should handle much better. Also my new tires go on Tuesday and my master brake cylinder gets fixed.

Yeah, I was gonna say, that much steering wheel misalignment points to some bent tie rod parts, no question. No simple alignment is going to fix it.

Funny thing is I had bought the tie rods long before this problem so good thing I waited to install.