GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default State Park Police Incident

I took the family camping this past weekend... and we were traveling thru the park when I had one of the park police tailing me... I'm like oh crap... watched my speed... easy on the throttle etc. To avoid getting pulled over for some violation. Kept driving around for 17 miles or so hope he would pull off somewhere. Eventually saw one of the general stores figured I pull in easy like hoping be would pass me by. Nope... he pulls in behind me directly blocking my truck. OK... so I get out... everyone looking at me and I'm thinking oh crap... I approach his vehicle and he says awesome truck... and asked allot of questions about it. Talk about having your heart skip a beat....))
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

So a cop followed you 17 miles just to ask about your truck??? Our tax dollars well spent....
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

3. Likes reggiecab2000 liked this post
    Master Mechanic

Hahaha oh wow. I would've said thanks but you don't happen to have a fresh pair of shorts do you?
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

It probably was more like 12 miles... it was agonizing drive those speeds... 35... 30... and 25. I'm sure the people at the store were expecting to see something cool... they all had that s#$ss grins on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I took the family camping this past weekend... and we were traveling thru the park when I had one of the park police tailing me... I'm like oh crap... watched my speed... easy on the throttle etc. To avoid getting pulled over for some violation. Kept driving around for 17 miles or so hope he would pull off somewhere. Eventually saw one of the general stores figured I pull in easy like hoping be would pass me by. Nope... he pulls in behind me directly blocking my truck. OK... so I get out... everyone looking at me and I'm thinking oh crap... I approach his vehicle and he says awesome truck... and asked allot of questions about it. Talk about having your heart skip a beat....))
    Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    So a cop followed you 17 miles just to ask about your truck??? Our tax dollars well spent....
    Wow 17 miles at what speed? Even at freeway speeds that's 17 minutes, I got the impression that you were at on one of those 15 MPH roads, so that's like an hour, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    It probably was more like 12 miles... it was agonizing drive those speeds... 35... 30... and 25. I'm sure the people at the store were expecting to see something cool... they all had that s#$ss grins on their faces.
    Ok, that's never fun to be driving at those speeds, especially if you're not at a place where you can fight it in case you disagree with the ticket because it would cost too much to come back to appear in court.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I doubt much happens in a state park so the cop was just making rounds. Usually when a cop follows you for THAT long, they are looking to pull you over.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yeah
    I would have been p$#@ing on myself
    See-THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS from having too nice a truck!!
    My 1998 Suburban-few dings-I'lll never have that problem
    Wanna trade-straight up??
    ha,ha guess not!
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    YeahI would have been p$#@ing on myselfSee-THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS from having too nice a truck!!My 1998 Suburban-few dings-I'lll never have that problemWanna trade-straight up??ha,ha guess not!Charlie
    Got a 89 GMC tracker sle 1.6 a/t 4x4 2 dr tin top with a/c 245000 kms. Runs good rides ruff.
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yeah- The old "RUNS GOOD"
    that is about what my 98 suburban is worth to anyone but me
    I've had it 6+ years-28000 miles- it has been very reliable-comfortable-decent mpg
    so it is worth much more to me than the maybe $1500-$2000(if I was lucky) I could get if I attempted to sell it(cost me $2950 in 2007 with 195,000 miles-223,000 now)
    yep 89 tracker- in that same "runs good" ballpark-
    But my AC works well-you are so far N doubt you have one.

IN any case TimTom has too nice a truck!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    In any case TimTom has too nice a truck!!
    That's like too much money or too much fun - there's no such thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by