GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Yes! 33's will fit under a stock K1500

Yup, it's true. Just purchased and installed some 255/85/16 Bfg Mud Terrain KM2s. They actually measure 33.8x10.50. I previously had the torsion key turned a couple of times. I think it was equivalent to about 1.25 when I measured from the ground to the bumper. But it does not rub and it's not even close. Even when it's flexed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    1998 K1500 Extended Cab Short Bed.
    Z71-HD Chassis-Locker-3.73s-Skid Plates-3rd Door-Transmission Cooler-Tow Package-5.7L

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that; it's called EVERYBODY. They meet at the local bar.

2. Likes Steve liked this post

Looks good! And if they don't rub, then perfect!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

That looks very good. Where did you get them installed at?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Lucky you! I've got a little rubbing issue. Nothing a dremel can't fix.

Looks good!
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Looks good! And if they don't rub, then perfect!
    Thanks, I like the hell outa it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That looks very good. Where did you get them installed at?
    thanks, discount tire. Just awesome service there, I had Michelin ltx's on the truck they had about 15k on them and the side walls were cracking. Discount tire offered me $152 a tire toward BFG or Michelins which are the same company. I got all 4 for $600. I jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
    Lucky you! I've got a little rubbing issue. Nothing a dremel can't fix.

Looks good!
    I know, I figured I'd be trimming something too. I think it may be due to the HD package and the fact the truck is a half heavy. Who knows.

Thanks again fellas, cheers
    Z71-HD Chassis-Locker-3.73s-Skid Plates-3rd Door-Transmission Cooler-Tow Package-5.7L

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that; it's called EVERYBODY. They meet at the local bar.

wait, 255/80R16s stack up at 33"?.....

i though the conversion was 285/75/16 = 33"
    thats what im thinking of getting to replace the 265/75/16 i have now. i think they come out to be about 31"

the trick seems to be to have aftermarket wheels with an offset. the stock wheels hug too close to the body
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Quote Originally Posted by K15 Blazer Guy View Post
    wait, 255/80R16s stack up at 33"?.....

i though the conversion was 285/75/16 = 33"
    thats what im thinking of getting to replace the 265/75/16 i have now. i think they come out to be about 31"

the trick seems to be to have aftermarket wheels with an offset. the stock wheels hug too close to the body
    Multiply the first number, the tire width, by .03937. This will convert the the width from millimeters to inches. Using the above example of 255 millimeters, the tire would have a width of 10.039 inches....

Multiply the tire width by the percentage found in the aspect ratio, which is the second of the three numbers in the tire size. Using my tire, the sidewall is 85 percent of the width, or 8.533....

Multiply the sidewall width by two. This is necessary in determining the wheel's diameter because the sidewall is featured on both sides of the tire rim. That's 17.06 inches of sidewall...

Add the total side wall to your rim size 16. 33.06 x 10.039 r16.. My BFGs are just slightly larger cause of the lugs on the tire. But that math works for everything..

Ah you may not need new rims, the stock ones or aftermarket rims that have the similar offset actually clear better, unless you have like 12.50s and need the wide rim which needs the off set. But my 10.50s clear well even flexed

cheers!
    Last edited by CatastropheADJ; 08-01-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Ive got 285/75/16 on my 97 k1500. No rubbing or anything.