GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Can anyone tell me how to determine whether I have a 3 or 4 spline pitman arm?
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to determine whether I have a 3 or 4 spline pitman arm?
    Remove it and count? No idea otherwise
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Remove it and count? No idea otherwise
    That sucks. So I got a few quotes and estimated cost of parts. Everything with cost about 2 grand. :(

Legend

That sucks. So I got a few quotes and estimated cost of parts. Everything with cost about 2 grand. :(
    give us a parts/labor cost breakdown.

with a auto repair shop having all the proper tools all this would take 1 hour labor . 2 tie rods and idler/pitman arm on a lift with air powered tools and a wrench twisting basic nut and bolt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    give us a parts/labor cost breakdown.

with a auto repair shop having all the proper tools all this would take 1 hour labor . 2 tie rods and idler/pitman arm on a lift with air powered tools and a wrench twisting basic nut and bolt guy.
    Price included all my bushings. I'm taking to the shop tomorrow for inspection. I'll just replace needed parts with basic parts. No energy suspension stuff.

Price included all my bushings. I'm taking to the shop tomorrow for inspection. I'll just replace needed parts with basic parts. No energy suspension stuff.
    You know you can rent the necessary tools for the job through autoZone right? It's not a hard job if you have an impact gun

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    You know you can rent the necessary tools for the job through autoZone right? It's not a hard job if you have an impact gun
    No impact gun. I know I can do the work. I'm just lazy. Plus, I need to put in a ton of work on my bike.

Got my truck checked. Everything seems to be fine and tight. Nothing seems to be loose.

Guess I'll let out some air in my tires to soften things up a little.

So...all of this help from the forum was without you getting your suspension checked out first? And, now you find you don't need anything? Am I getting this correct? wow.....
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    So...all of this help from the forum was without you getting your suspension checked out first? And, now you find you don't need anything? Am I getting this correct? wow.....
    Yep. Running lower PSI helped greatly. I'm planning on greasing all my zerks now. If it makes you feel better, I learned a lot about tie rod ends and ball joints in the process. I also did lots of research.